PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Brand New Car

carlg
03-08-2013, 07:44 AM
I just bought a brand new car last month. I'm figuring it was sitting on the dealer's lot for about a year before I bought it.

I've been through some small amounts of snow and rain with the vehicle.

It's looking like the weather is going to be really nice this weekend so I'm thinking about doing the car.

With a new car, do you think it's necessary to go through the entire process (Wash, Clay, Polish, Wax)?

Or do you think I could just wash and wax?

Anything different when the car is new?

otruba_843
03-08-2013, 07:49 AM
wash, clay, light polish depending on swirls and defects, probably 2 coats of sealant to get some real good protection, then top with a wax if you want it to look nice and warm.

KBsToy
03-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Sounds like a plan. I bought a new car also and did the dawn, clay, dawn, polish, sealent then fuzion.
This way you know your starting at the begining and do the job right and car will show it...

HellaBroke
03-08-2013, 07:52 AM
I would also look at iron xing the car as well I was blown away at how much bleeding (desolving of ferrous metals) were embeded in my cars paint with just 8 miles on the ticker...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online

carlg
03-08-2013, 07:55 AM
"dawn"
You don't mean dish washing soap, do you?

Lim3
03-08-2013, 08:02 AM
"dawn"
You don't mean dish washing soap, do you?

Yes he does ! Does a great job of washing any oils off along with generally cleaning the paint. Don't use it as a regular wash tho. It's good to strip wax and any other protection.
But I believe it dries out plastic trim over time ? I could be wrong