PDA

View Full Version : gloss black a-pillar/roof gutter trim on Mercedes

builthatch
03-08-2013, 12:01 AM
just got a '09 C63 AMG with 1200 miles; the car is in phenominal shape however that glossy trim has light scratches throughout. i don't see that damage elsewhere, probably (mostly) due to the ceramiclear but it's on the trim.

so...what is the remedy? on cheaper cars i've taken optimum hyper or finish polish...or even poli-seal...depends...and polished gloss black exterior trim by hand with the yellow or black side of the old wolfgang oval tri-color pads. parts like the black upper grille trim on new Subaru STIs. just looking for experienced answers before i start experimenting on such expensive parts lol.

Andr3wilson
03-08-2013, 01:07 AM
just got a '09 C63 AMG with 1200 miles; the car is in phenominal shape however that glossy trim has light scratches throughout. i don't see that damage elsewhere, probably (mostly) due to the ceramiclear but it's on the trim.

so...what is the remedy? on cheaper cars i've taken optimum hyper or finish polish...or even poli-seal...depends...and polished gloss black exterior trim by hand with the yellow or black side of the old wolfgang oval tri-color pads. parts like the black upper grille trim on new Subaru STIs. just looking for experienced answers before i start experimenting on such expensive parts lol.

Are you talking about the B-Pillars or the trim that lines the sides of the roof that go from the hood to the top of the back window??

The B-Pillars are actually metal and single stage black paint. about 30-40 microns. Polished with a lighter grade compound or heavier polish.

Top is plastic and can be polished out with a compound as well.

builthatch
03-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Are you talking about the B-Pillars or the trim that lines the sides of the roof that go from the hood to the top of the back window??

The B-Pillars are actually metal and single stage black paint. about 30-40 microns. Polished with a lighter grade compound or heavier polish.

Top is plastic and can be polished out with a compound as well.

top plastic...goes from the base of the a-pillar, up across the roof gutter and then terminates at the back window.

thanks - i figured as much!