PDA

View Full Version : Help with white!!!!!!!!!

white2001yukon
05-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums and I'm also new to detailing. I have a 2001 white yukon and I was wondering if you could help me. I also own a black mustang and I use this method to clean it:
Wash/dry
polish Klasse aio
natty blue wax.
What could I use to make white paint pop/shine?
Wash/dry
Clay
What polish?????
What Wax??????
Also I will be applying polish and wax with hand.
Thanks in advance.

bambo2888
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
For white, everything that you have now works great. Consider Pinnacle's Signature Series II wax, the carnauba content is perfect so it does not mute the metallic flake and pearl, but provides excellent protection and longevity.

For polishing, since youre going to be attacking by hand, I think Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion will help you out a lot.

Good luck!

Surfer
05-11-2007, 04:50 PM
I like Natty's Blue on white b/c it gives a darker/deeper wet look, like the white took on a slightly different hue. Love it insted of something brighter/poppy looking.

Gary Sword
05-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I have a white car and a white van. For a great shine and wet look on white the best product I have ever tried is Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (orginal not the spray). It does a great job on white.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/MB_E5001.jpg
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Caravan_LS_3.jpg

white2001yukon
05-11-2007, 05:02 PM
thanks guys I guess I'll try klasse polish/natty's blue first and see if I like it. I'll definately give pinnacle a try:awesome: Thanks a lot.

BILL
05-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I have a white car and a white van. For a great shine and wet look on white the best product I have ever tried is Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (orginal not the spray). It does a great job on white.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/MB_E5001.jpg

L.S. ON LIGHT METALLIC'S ALSO IS A NICE LOOK...;)

white2001yukon
05-11-2007, 05:04 PM
WOW!! That's what I'm looking for Gary Sword your car looks awesome.

Reddog
05-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Hello,

I am having a problem with a white 2004 Toyota Sienna. I have used the XMT #1 and Menzerna Final Polish II. Both times it seems to be a little hazzy or less shine and reflection. I should say that I started out with a wash then a clay bar to get down to the paint. I applied the polish with a PC and white mini pad. I worked it in for several minutes using slow motion and 50% overlap going side to side and then up and down. I thought the polish had broken down so I removed it and there was the look I did not expect.

I would love some suggestions and will promise to reply with the new results. I live in virginia and wish I had a local chapter of AG I could talk this out with.
Thank you for any help. I know this is a great place to find answers. I am on vacation this week but came home early.
If you watched the news this week my wife and I were on the cruise ship that hit some rocks in Alaska. It was quite an adventure. I have a new love and respect for the US COAST GUARD, the fishing boats in Alaska and the big ferry boat that we were all transfered to.

Rick