PDA

View Full Version : GG 6" ROP broke

Eandras
03-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Well almost a year to date my GG 6" random orbital polisher broke. The black cover on the back of the unit separated from the orange housing. The orange housing screw holder broke off. Call AutoGeek to return was told to call Griots Garage. I thought AutoGeek was the company that handle this.

Need to send in the unit for replacement. We will see how long it takes. Luckily I have a Flex and a PC.

Ed

:autowash: :buffing:

Fishincricket
03-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Bummer!! It's a "Manufacturer Lifetime Warranty", so you'd consult the manufacturer.. I'm sure they'll take care of you, report back when you get yours repaired/replaced?

SANTA3013
03-06-2013, 08:41 PM
GG has excellent customer service. They replaced mine with a new one. They will take care of you.

mbkite
03-06-2013, 08:47 PM
I am in that boat my self right now need to fix my GG 6...
But thinking of a yeti or big foot instead
I am thinking 15..

Eandras
03-06-2013, 08:52 PM
@fishincricket and ezriderga thanks everyone says that they have great customer service. It seems that AG use to take care of the warranty now you have to Gozo Griots.

@mbkite I don't think I need the big foots yet. I really like my flex 3401 and GG 6.

I can't get it shipped until Saturday.

Ed

jlax2485
03-09-2013, 09:20 AM
When my 2nd gen GG6 broke they replaced it with a 3rd gen GG6- turnaround time was about a week. Great customer service IMO and lifetime replacement with no questions asked.

Marc Hufnagel
03-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Well almost a year to date my GG 6" random orbital polisher broke. The black cover on the back of the unit separated from the orange housing. The orange housing screw holder broke off. Call AutoGeek to return was told to call Griots Garage. I thought AutoGeek was the company that handle this.

Need to send in the unit for replacement. We will see how long it takes. Luckily I have a Flex and a PC.

Ed

All it took for that exact failure twice was about a foot drop onto concrete from a stool. May have been technically my fault but pretty common design failure also.

PERFECTIONPLUS
03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Send it back to gg they will replace it ... Just happened to me one month ago.

Klasse Act
03-09-2013, 10:45 AM
When you send it back it may be a good time to have them install their extra long cord, costs a little more but worth it, wish I had paid attention to this option when I ordered my gen II 6" GG, oh well.

Griot's has the very best customer service anywhere!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

BobbyG
03-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Hey Ed,

That is a bummer and it great to see you have some backups....Hopefully Griot's will get one to you pronto...:props: