PDA

View Full Version : Ever have a feeling....

cleanmycorolla
03-06-2013, 01:24 PM
that when you see a house brand on BOGO two weeks in a row, that an updated version comes out soon after? I'll assume, Pinnacle Spray Wax is going to be updated. Just a hunch, but the liquid version was, so why can't this be?

BobbyG
03-06-2013, 01:34 PM
I've seen this but don't feel there's any hard and fast rule to it.

BOGO changes every two weeks and this may be the perfect venue to reduce an older formula it doesn't mean that every time you see something on BOGO a new formula is on the way...my take anyway...

Setec Astronomy
03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
It may just not be selling as fast as they would like and maybe they don't want their stock to get that old. Or maybe they need room for something else.

Dr_Pain
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
.... or maybe because it is a house brand that the mark up (even after the discount) still make it a very profitable product, and we all know that we will have to throw a couple retail items in the basket to use the AGO coupon for free shipping or fill up the basket to reach the AGBUCKS and $125 free shipping mark

Perfect marketing strategy..... the same as capitalizing on our addition for MF

:nomore:

Bigbull2984
03-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing but I don't see a single thing that should be changed on the souveran liquid spray.

Bigbull2984
03-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Good call Chris!!

cleanmycorolla
03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Im the MAN

cardaddy
03-07-2013, 04:12 PM
.... or maybe because it is a house brand that the mark up (even after the discount) still make it a very profitable product, and we all know that we will have to throw a couple retail items in the basket to use the AGO coupon for free shipping or fill up the basket to reach the AGBUCKS and $125 free shipping mark.

BINGO! :rolleyes:

The real money is in "house brands" as it allows you to control cost, not have to deal with "price matching". That's not saying anything bad about a product, just that if you manage it from factory to final sale it's easy to make money. (And you can bet that NOTHING is sold at a loss, ever.)