PDA

View Full Version : Give me opinion

Detailingtime
03-06-2013, 12:11 PM
2 deatilers in same city have same detailing skills(Both can make a car POP) #1 gets $199 a detail #2 gets $299 Why does customer choose #2 over #1?

Give me your 2 reasons why

Here are mine
Appearance is more professional
They like #2 better (Polished presentation more likeable)

Can you guess what the 2 reasons I stated have in common? Lets see who guesses first

RhetoricMixes
03-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Sometimes price doesnt come into factor if the hired detailer is presentable and customer friendly. There are some people that will pay the cheaper way and get a "okay" experience and there are others who are willing to pay more for someone that they can trust and are likeable. Selling yourself comes before selling your business afterall :)

snowking724
03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
The only reason I can think of is #2's portfolio is way above and beyond #1's. As for my guess, they're pretty much the same thing.

VroomVroom
03-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Value can be difficult to define. Clients looking for exceptional quality will often dismiss the lower-priced vendor out of fear of subpar results. Marketing can definitely trump execution.

mwoolfso
03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Dr_Pain
03-06-2013, 12:47 PM
1) Reputation (portfolio)
2) Customer service (the actual experience and the perceived value of your dollar at work)

You will never be able to validate one prices scheme over another to people that not ready or willing to listen, even coming with the

1) You get what you pay for
2) I use different products
3) I am licensed and insured and bonded
4) I have 20 years of experience and have a portfolio as long as my arm

If they are set on getting the biggest bargain, then you will be fighting an uphill battle, and to be honest this is not the clientele you should go after.

I personally prefer the clients that are coming with the attitude of " you know what to do and I trust you", those are the peeps I usually give freebies to or give them the "friend and family" discount. The ones that come nickle and diming every aspect of what should be done..... not for me!

FUNX650
03-06-2013, 04:48 PM

Can you guess what the 2 reasons I stated have in common?
Since both of these Detailers are "Businessmen"...
I'll say the commonality of your above two reasons is:

Return On Investment...(ROI)

-Successful business persons are attracted to, and pay accordingly,
to people they discern to also be successful business persons.

-Being an excellent "polisher" shouldn't stop
with being just a: "polisher of paint"...IMHO.

In your $199 vs. $299 plot...:

-One is perceived as being cleverly-skilled...Customers will see right through the facade...
Will not enhance his chances of successful: business-relationship-buiding.

-One is perceived as having the skill-level that he proclaims he has...
Customers want to build a business-relationship with him.

:)

Bob

VP Mark
03-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Purely perception. Customer service, attitude, and branding probably plays a role also, but all of that is a matter of perception also.

jhodges
03-06-2013, 06:17 PM
2 deatilers in same city have same detailing skills(Both can make a car POP) #1 gets $199 a detail #2 gets $299 Why does customer choose #2 over #1?

Give me your 2 reasons why

Here are mine

Can you guess what the 2 reasons I stated have in common? Lets see who guesses first
"Bedside Manner" so to speak. Better overall perceived personality/presentation?

AutowerxDetailing
03-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Detailer #2 has a better website.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online