PDA

View Full Version : I am a novice not sure what products to get

jk1972
03-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I moved to Florida and had a car that was all beat up from being in the sun all day

I just got another car that is in good shape just some minor scratches nothing deep

For a car that will be in the Florida sun all the times what products last the longest?

I also seen what love bugs can do so that is another concern

CM8 6MT
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Products that will last the longest, you will probably benefit from Sealants. Many sealants offer great looks, often very similar to Carnuba waxes. They provide alot longer durability than most traditional Carnuba wax.

Theres also permanent "coatings" on the market that will outlast both. OptiCoat & GTechniq EXO are two examples.

ihaveacamaro
03-05-2013, 09:57 PM
where in florida?

jk1972
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM
where in florida?

Abouh 60 miles south of Tampa

Anthony@zerboautoworks
03-05-2013, 10:08 PM
In what city? I am south of Tampa as well

Andr3wilson
03-05-2013, 10:57 PM
CG Just uploaded this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foo3eq1meA0]How To: Choosing The Perfect Car Wax and Sealant - Chemical Guys Car Care Wax - YouTube[/video]

This should answer some of your Q's

TH3M B0N3Z
03-05-2013, 11:17 PM
I moved to Florida and had a car that was all beat up from being in the sun all day

I just got another car that is in good shape just some minor scratches nothing deep

For a car that will be in the Florida sun all the times what products last the longest?

I also seen what love bugs can do so that is another concern

I personally use Menzerna Power Lock sealant and I really like it. Leaves a silky smooth finish, goes on really thin by machine and buffs off pretty easily even if left to dry for 30 minutes with minimal chalking/powdering.

I recently detailed my girlfriend's '99 Taurus, clayed the paint and applied one coat of the MPL. This was easily about a month or two ago, probably closer to two months, so her car is nice and dirty and gross. The other day I noticed some dried on pollen on the hood and it came off with ease just by lightly scratching it with my finger. That to me proves it's a pretty decent sealant even with just one coat.

My car currently has 2 coats of the MPL, but the way I am with my car, I'm constantly maintaining and protecting the paint, mostly because I like that silky smooth feel to the paint. On average, I'll probably apply the MPL once a month, maybe every couple of months. Bugs are a big deal in Florida and they don't have a chance to stick to my paint, lol. That's exactly what I want, though.

cardaddy
03-06-2013, 04:32 AM
Products that will last the longest, you will probably benefit from Sealants. Many sealants offer great looks, often very similar to Carnuba waxes. They provide alot longer durability than most traditional Carnuba wax.

Theres also permanent "coatings" on the market that will outlast both. OptiCoat & GTechniq EXO are two examples.
:iagree:

I really like the new age polymer sealants, not just for the looks but for the way they to work with too!

OTOH I can't freaking wait to getinto OptiCoat, Cquartz and GTechniq. :idea:

BTW, which one's have you worked with? I noticed that CarPro doesn't have a dealer within 175 miles of me. ;) Might be worth checking into??????

CM8 6MT
03-07-2013, 09:49 PM

I really like the new age polymer sealants, not just for the looks but for the way they to work with too!

BTW, which one's have you worked with? I noticed that CarPro doesn't have a dealer within 175 miles of me. ;) Might be worth checking into??????

Stick with Optimum. Love American car products :). I used OptiCoat on my headlight lens after I restored them. Im not really into using it for paint, as I enjoy polishing/waxing my car all the time.

vegas911gts
03-08-2013, 08:23 PM

Cquartz finest has gotten the best reviews from what I've seen, but their installation network is small compared to opticoat. No idea about gtechniq.

sasson
03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Use A good Sealant, Might be a little expensive.
You should get WolfGANG deep gloss paint sealant Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)
Or another good sealant is Chemical Guys Jet Seal Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 Super Acrylic Sealant Formula 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-jetseal-109.html)

Both are Great Products that will LAST! Some people say 6 Months and ever more...
But why not be 100% sure and happy? Use it 3 Times a year Every 4 months, You will get a good protection

vegas911gts
03-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Use A good Sealant, Might be a little expensive.
You should get WolfGANG deep gloss paint sealant Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)
Or another good sealant is Chemical Guys Jet Seal Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 Super Acrylic Sealant Formula 16 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-jetseal-109.html)

Both are Great Products that will LAST! Some people say 6 Months and ever more...
But why not be 100% sure and happy? Use it 3 Times a year Every 4 months, You will get a good protection

I've used jetseal before and it doesn't last 6 months. I'd say more like 3 months. But that's on my girlfriend's car sitting outside all day long during the work week in the vegas summer. MPL seems to last longer, but has not done a full season in the summer yet so we'll see this year.