PDA

View Full Version : Low Shine for dashboard

wiggum
05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi all,

My dad needs to keep his GPS on his dashboard. Products like Armorall are too slippery and his gps slides off. I know Armorall made a lowshine one that was much better but it's hard to find local.
What product do you recommend in place of armor all? Armorall just smells so horrible too

DS Detailer
05-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Pinnacle Viynl & Rubber Protector, Poorboys...

BILL
05-25-2006, 04:18 PM
also...MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS DASH & TRIM FOAM PROTECTANT

wiggum
05-25-2006, 04:29 PM
DP Interior Surface Protectant

I had bought this for my car the other day. Will this work as well?

BILL
05-25-2006, 04:34 PM
DP Interior Surface Protectant

I had bought this for my car the other day. Will this work as well?

Not sure of the slippery factor but give it a try anyway.......:)

ScottB
05-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Megs Quik Interior Cleaner .... absolutely no gloss and no leftover residue. Its simply a cleaner, and all I want to keep the car looking clean. It does come with a light crisp scent if that entices you.

wiggum
05-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah I had ordered the DP stuff today acutally figured it would be good. I will give it a shot if not will come back and pick up the Megs stuff from AG

BlackCoupe
05-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Megs Quik Interior Cleaner .... absolutely no gloss and no leftover residue. Its simply a cleaner, and all I want to keep the car looking clean. It does come with a light crisp scent if that entices you.

Hey somebody finally mentioned Meguiars!!! I use the Quik Interior Detailer Sheets that come in a can. I can't believe I used to use that sticky unnatural looking shiney Armor All. That stuff attracts and holds the dust. Did your cars vinyl come from the dealer with a SHINE? or was it just clean and fresh and healthy looking?

Neothin
05-25-2006, 10:01 PM
I think the DP interior surface protectant is going to become my go-to interior protection product. I had been having some issues with my interior so while i was down in stuart today I stopped by the geek and had meghan look at it. She busted out some cleaner and then followed up with some of the DPISP (Detailers Pride Interior Surface Protectant for those of you who don't like acronyms :P ). my door panel was back to like new condition!
later on after I got home I ended up doing the rest of the interior with the protectant. Let's just say i was impressed. It had the same low gloss characteristics as my 303 aerospace. The DP product was better than the 303 in the smell department by FAR! The DP protectant just smells so yummy :D Meghan also told me that DP formulated the interior protectant to have a decent SPF factor. This helps protect the dash instead of just making it look purdy.
With the memorial day discount in effect, now is a great time to give this product a try :P

DS Detailer
05-25-2006, 10:03 PM
That Meghan knows the key to out hearts. Now if only I could swing by the store. :(

MikeyC
05-25-2006, 11:43 PM
It had the same low gloss characteristics as my 303 aerospace. The DP product was better than the 303 in the smell department by FAR! The DP protectant just smells so yummy :D
I love the matte look of 303, but it kind of smells like vinegar to me. I might have to give the DP product a look when I run out of 303.