PDA

View Full Version : Well... I got my Rupes 21 in!

Pages : [1] 2 3

ihaveacamaro
03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
I got my Rupes 21 in and the 5" backing plate, and in typical ihaveacamaro fashion, made a video about it :laughing:

Rupes LHR 21ES Deluxe Kit Unboxing - YouTube (http://youtu.be/Ds9Xy5cZq9E)

Now the next thing to do is go to a junkyard, get a nice panel to test this thing out on, and you guessed it... make another video :D

Can't wait to share results!

swanicyouth
03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Nice video! But, I have a bunch of questions:

1. Do you need to change your pad as frequently with the Rupes system?

2. What made you go with the 21? Was it b/c you could use the 5" plate?

3. Do you plan on using only Rupes polishes, or using others as well?

4. Can you use LC 6.5" pads w/ the 21?

Rupes it defiantly the way to go. However, for an enthusiast like me, I've already got too much money invested in other machines/products/pads to start over. But if your doing it for cash, I couldn't see any other choice.

Nice system!

JSou
03-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Awaiting the updates. Glad I subscribed to your channel.

TundraPower
03-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Now the next thing to do is go to a junkyard, get a nice panel to test this thing out on, and you guessed it... make another video :D
Can't wait to share results!

Might want to pick up more than one panel or it will be a short video. The 21 will correct a flat panel in like 5 minutes. Just saying. :xyxthumbs:

2old2change
03-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Try going to body shop and getting a damaged hood or panel for free or next to nothing instead of buying one at a junkyard. Been doing this for years and have had some shops even call me when they have something suitable. Been known to take the shop manager out for lunch or deliver a 12 pak of beer every now and then. You never know when you might need to use the shop for repairs also.

ihaveacamaro
03-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Nice video! But, I have a bunch of questions:

1. Do you need to change your pad as frequently with the Rupes system?

2. What made you go with the 21? Was it b/c you could use the 5" plate?

3. Do you plan on using only Rupes polishes, or using others as well?

4. Can you use LC 6.5" pads w/ the 21?

Rupes it defiantly the way to go. However, for an enthusiast like me, I've already got too much money invested in other machines/products/pads to start over. But if your doing it for cash, I couldn't see any other choice.

Nice system!

Thanks for watching! Let's see:

1) No clue, haven't used it yet.

2) 21 has a bigger throw and can go with 5" bp. I don't have a flex so I wanted a machine for those large flat-ish panels and this will be my go-to machine if all the reviews of it are true.

3) Ptff, you should know me better than that by now. Of course I will be putting Rupes to the test with all sorts of pads, polishes, etc. :props:

4) Yes, I believe so!

Might want to pick up more than one panel or it will be a short video. The 21 will correct a flat panel in like 5 minutes. Just saying. :xyxthumbs:

That will hopefully be the point. What better video than a short video showing a large amount of work? :buffing:

Try going to body shop and getting a damaged hood or panel for free or next to nothing instead of buying one at a junkyard. Been doing this for years and have had some shops even call me when they have something suitable. Been known to take the shop manager out for lunch or deliver a 12 pak of beer every now and then. You never know when you might need to use the shop for repairs also.

Great call, I will try doing this for sure!

ihaveacamaro
03-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Awaiting the updates. Glad I subscribed to your channel.

Thanks for the subscription! I hope you find my videos entertaining and informative :dblthumb2:

vegas911gts
03-05-2013, 05:40 PM
Like the vids, not the gayturds apparel. lol I'm a huge canes fan.

Bunky
03-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Congrats. I got to use my Rupes 15 some yesterday -- very smooth.

ihaveacamaro
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Like the vids, not the gayturds apparel. lol I'm a huge canes fan.

Can't help it if my wardrobe is full of win... er, I mean gator apparel ;)

Congrats. I got to use my Rupes 15 some yesterday -- very smooth.

Nice, I know people hate doing this comparison, but how's it compare to the Flex. I think the Flex is the biggest competitor to the Rupes, considering their both what I would call "heavy-weight" DAs.

JSou
03-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Just watched your other video. Is the washer provided to do the "mod"? or was that something you rigged yourself?

ihaveacamaro
03-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Just watched your other video. Is the washer provided to do the "mod"? or was that something you rigged yourself?

That is the kevin brown mod. It is supposed to really help the performance of the machine, because normally the backing plate would rub against the frame of the polisher and slow down. With the mod, you can push as hard as you want on the rupes, and it won't bog down.

rwright
03-06-2013, 05:45 AM
Can't help it if my wardrobe is full of win... er, I mean gator apparel ;)

Nice, I know people hate doing this comparison, but how's it compare to the Flex. I think the Flex is the biggest competitor to the Rupes, considering their both what I would call "heavy-weight" DAs.

The Flex and Rupes are two totally different machines so why do a comparison? One is forced rotation and the other is not.

Pats300zx
03-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Congrats Roshan. Can't wait to hear what you think of it after working it on a that test panel.

FUNX650
03-06-2013, 08:27 AM
With the mod, you can push as hard as you want on the rupes, and it won't bog down.
Glad you have a RUPES DA Polisher Roshan!

Please entertain cautionary: Compounding/polishing-techniques while
one of the: "Safeness-factors" inherent of DA's...has been disabled.

Just a well-meaning suggestion of mine...

:)

Bob