PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towel nap preference for polish/wax removal

Pages : [1] 2

WRXINXS
03-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Hey guys,

On a lot of the premium Microfiber towels including Cobras there is a fluffy nap side and a more aggressive looped nap side. Which side do you guys use for polish/wax residue removal?

I have buttersoft black paint and have been a bit timid about using the short nap side on my paint fearing that it might marr or leave towel marks. But, at the same time, I know it would be easier to remove the residue with the short nap side.

Drew

DRT BRD
03-05-2013, 09:49 AM
I've been using Chemical Guys Supra Miracle Fluffers. Very universal.

fdesalvo
03-05-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm all about the fluff, my friend. I ordered some Gold Cobra's from here and they are very nice. Shockingly - the fluffiest and softest MF towels I own are from Autozone lol.

swanicyouth
03-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Cobras are very nice. But I don't believe they are "super soft". On my BMW I usually use the Korean Microfiber Tech 460 GSM towel. It's medium nap and thickness. But, its very "soft" microfiber.

spiralout462
03-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Speaking of "soft". Have you tried Duragloss Polishing Cloth? WOW!

WRXINXS
03-05-2013, 10:37 PM
So you guys use the fluffy nap side to remove wax/polish residue?

CM8 6MT
03-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I personally use Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe towels for polish removal.

I use Cobra Gold Jrs for Sealant/Wax removal. I break the wax with the tighter nap, then buff off the rest with the softer larger nap.

Same goes with QD & Spray Wax, except I use the Cobra Deluxe Jrs, remove the initial product with the tighter nap, then do a final wipe with the larger softer nap.

Thats the way I do it anyway.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-06-2013, 02:24 PM
I don't prefer using too long of a nap to remove polish.

Boudin
03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
I too have super soft black paint. I purchased just about every MF that AG sells and have tried them all out over time. I can say that the blue Miracle towel is the best for polish and wax removal without marring the paint. I inspected with the Brinkman light and the only way it would mar is if you pressed down EXTREMELY hard. The miracle towel is a medium nap and made in Korea

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
03-06-2013, 03:13 PM
I too have super soft black paint. I purchased just about every MF that AG sells and have tried them all out over time. I can say that the blue Miracle towel is the best for polish and wax removal without marring the paint. I inspected with the Brinkman light and the only way it would mar is if you pressed down EXTREMELY hard. The miracle towel is a medium nap and made in Korea

Agreed. My 07 black BMW has soft paint and the Miracle towel is the way to go.

WRAPT C5Z06
03-06-2013, 03:28 PM

Ironic, how the Miracle towel is the ONLY Korean made MF towel AG carries.

Bigbull2984
03-06-2013, 03:52 PM
I still haven't used the miracle towel, but to remove LSP and polish the AG towel I use is either the 530 or Gold plush. But my favorite towels for polish and LSP is actually from a different vendor outside of AG.

jlax2485
03-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Gold plush jr, long nap side on my 13 WRX. Very soft and no marring.

FUNX650
03-06-2013, 05:25 PM
I can say that the blue Miracle towel is the best for polish and wax removal without marring the paint.

Agreed. My 07 black BMW has soft paint and the Miracle towel is the way to go.

^^^:iagree:^^^ :dblthumb2:

Ironic, how the Miracle towel is the ONLY Korean made(<<<YES!) MF towel AG carries.

^^^It's a good one too...IMO^^^

BTW...Drew:

Here's a couple of visuals for your viewing pleasure...:)

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/autogeek/miracle-towel-5-11.jpg

http://140.254.101.126/coglab/Pictures/miracle.gif
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Cobra Miracle Towels, microfiber buffing towels, Miracle microfiber towel (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-miracle-towels.html)

^^^^^^^Get 'em...While they've got 'em^^^^^^^
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Bob

Shortspark
03-06-2013, 06:20 PM
I want the softest, and most plush microfiber I can find. I know Chinchillas are like two towels stitched together but they work very well for me. Maybe it is just the way they feel in my hand that gives me the confidence so that I don't mind rubbing them a little harder if I need too. There is no way they will damage my paint if I use them for wax/sealant removal or QD work. I never let my product haze to such an extent that I would need something shorter in nap and more aggressive - give me plush and soft any day of the week! I don't like them for drying but they are tops in my book for everything else.