PDA

View Full Version : Question about menz final finish (p085u)...

MattGraf
03-04-2013, 10:19 PM
I just ordered some of this last night along with wgdgps to use on both my car and my finance's car. The vehicles are a 2013 Hyundai sonata limited turbo and a 2013 Acura ilx respectively and both are pearl white. My car (the sonata) is a nice weather only car and is in immaculate condition, in fact I may not even need to do any correction of any kind on the vehicle in which case I will use wgppe to prep before the sealant...I will inspect the paint when I pull the car out of my garage when the weather breaks and make a determination from there. Her car, however, came factory equipped with some very fine swirls that are only visible in the most revealing light conditions...my question is will this product be effective at safely removing these fine swirls? The description seems to fit the bill for what I'm looking for however when looking at the AG menzerna chart it doesn't list it as for use on OEM coatings and it doesn't seem as if many of you on here use the final finish. Would I have been better off going with sf4000 or sf400? Feed back please

mets2010
03-04-2013, 10:23 PM
I'd go with the 4000. It gives a little cut where the 4500 I find only can take out very very fine scratches

MattGraf
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Woops the last part was supposed to read sf4500! My bad.

swanicyouth
03-04-2013, 10:48 PM
You can't "count" on SF4500 to remove any defects. It's usually used as a follow up after more aggressive polishes, to remove previous LSPs, or to jewel/refine a finish. But, by all means try it.

You will have to do a test spot to see what works. If buying both is more than you are willing to spend, I would get a small bottle of Optimum Polish II and Finishing Polish instead.

However, if the swirls are light it's likely SF4000 will remove them with with the right pad. But you won't know until you try what will work for sure.

MattGraf
03-04-2013, 11:17 PM
I ordered the final finish (ff3000) which is supposed to remove fine scratches on new oem finishes which is what I'm dealing with but I was wondering if I should have gone with sf4000 instead since nobody on here seems to use the ff3000? To be honest, the light swirls can only be detected in the right light and aren't even bad, they aren't visible at all in sunlight and the car itself is a daily driver so even if the final polish doesn't do anything or isn't what I should use on the car I can skip it, I ordered it on special with the wgdgps so it was a good deal. No normal human being would be able to detect these swirls but as we all know, none of us are normal.