PDA

View Full Version : Question about CG Hybrid V7...

TH3M B0N3Z
03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
I currently use a plain ol' quick detailer whenever I dry my car after the main wash. I don't know if any of you do that, but I got the idea from Larry at AMMNYC from one of his YouTube videos.

Anyway, since the Hybrid V7 is a spray sealant AND detailer, would it be wise to dry my car with the V7 and also add the protection after each and every wash? Part of me thinks that's too much, but I absolutely love when the paint feels super slick like right after a fresh sealing job.

lazyjet
03-04-2013, 08:58 PM
i dont use it as a quick detailer but i do use it after every wash :xyxthumbs:

TH3M B0N3Z
03-04-2013, 09:01 PM
i dont use it as a quick detailer but i do use it after every wash :xyxthumbs:

Hmmm... maybe I'll get it. I really shouldn't spend $40 on the gallon size. Better value because the 16 oz version is $20.

I'm sure I could use it during the drying process. I use a damp microfiber towel and spray the QD on one panel at a time and then dry the paint, wring out the MF towel per panel.

spiralout462
03-04-2013, 09:02 PM
:dunno:I use it for the smell alone!! I don't use anything during drying myself, it could get costly. Couldn't hurt to try it out though.

TH3M B0N3Z
03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
:dunno:I use it for the smell alone!! I don't use anything during drying myself, it could get costly. Couldn't hurt to try it out though.

Does seem costly, but I spray in a sweeping motion to help get a better spread. However, I do leave the car soaking wet from the final rinse, so I really don't need a ton of QD. I used to use the pooling method to rinse the car, but stopped that once I got into drying with QD.

zmcgovern45
03-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I buy it by the gallon and use it after every wash... a 16 oz bottle of it has lasted me through a bunch of customer cars and personal washes so far.

TH3M B0N3Z
03-04-2013, 09:13 PM
I buy it by the gallon and use it after every wash... a 16 oz bottle of it has lasted me through a bunch of customer cars and personal washes so far.

Aw, man, now you're convincing me, lol.

By the way, we've talked before on Amazon. I'm the one who commented on how that silver BMW has the glossiest silver paint I've ever seen.

I may just buy it...

lazyjet
03-04-2013, 09:22 PM
As a spray wax sealant a little goes a very long way. Definatly got to buy the gallon though. For 16oz I would rather spend an extra $1-2 and get WGDG spritz sealant

zmcgovern45
03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Aw, man, now you're convincing me, lol.

By the way, we've talked before on Amazon. I'm the one who commented on how that silver BMW has the glossiest silver paint I've ever seen.

I may just buy it...

Yup - I remember that comment on Amazon!

You really won't be disappointed with the V7. It does what it is supposed to do - boost gloss, leave a slick surface, and and a little bit of protection.

Don't be mistaken though - just because it says spray sealant, it is not a serious means of protection. I simply use it after every wash to rid the paint of a few remaining water spots and to help maintain my 22ple coated vehicle. I also use it on customer cars as a final wipe down to ensure I have not left any sealant or wax on the surface of the car.

It's a good product, reasonably priced, and smells so good you might have to convince yourself not to drink it. With that being said, I'm sure there are plenty of other products that can fill this niche as well... I've just not found a reason to stray from the V7 lately.

swanicyouth
03-04-2013, 11:06 PM
It's a good idea. The product works very well for that. Why use a QD, when you can use a QD + sealant. I just did the same thing today with Zymol Field Glaze. Although, I use it once the car is 99% dry. I don't see any point of spraying it all over a soaking wet panel, unless its Prima Hydro - which is an even better product IMHO.

TH3M B0N3Z
03-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Yup - I remember that comment on Amazon!

You really won't be disappointed with the V7. It does what it is supposed to do - boost gloss, leave a slick surface, and and a little bit of protection.

Don't be mistaken though - just because it says spray sealant, it is not a serious means of protection. I simply use it after every wash to rid the paint of a few remaining water spots and to help maintain my 22ple coated vehicle. I also use it on customer cars as a final wipe down to ensure I have not left any sealant or wax on the surface of the car.

It's a good product, reasonably priced, and smells so good you might have to convince yourself not to drink it. With that being said, I'm sure there are plenty of other products that can fill this niche as well... I've just not found a reason to stray from the V7 lately.

I won't be depending on it for full protection, mainly for the drying process and for touching up my current sealant, Menzerna Power Lock. Thanks for all your advice about the V7. :)

It's a good idea. The product works very well for that. Why use a QD, when you can use a QD + sealant. I just did the same thing today with Zymol Field Glaze. Although, I use it once the car is 99% dry. I don't see any point of spraying it all over a soaking wet panel, unless its Prima Hydro - which is an even better product IMHO.

The reason I spray the QD on the car while it's wet is to help provide a layer of lubrication while drying the paint in an attempt to dramatically reduce the chance of "drying" swirls and scratches. I picked up that idea from Larry at AMMONYC. Makes sense to me. I may wait a while before I buy the V7, though. I gotta discipline myself sometimes, lol.