PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum polish

84c10
03-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm fixing to use wolfgang fine polish and concours polish on my wheels. They look good now just wanting that mirror finish. Should I do this by hand? Or machine? Any other tips? Thanks

Pureshine
03-04-2013, 08:14 PM
If you can get a polisher on them use it and if not use your hand. I doing chrome rims in the morning and I will have to use both.

84c10
03-04-2013, 08:30 PM
They are polished out with mothers now and look good but wanting them to show more of a mirror finish

Pureshine
03-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Have you got a picture of them.

84c10
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
I will get one in the a.m. They are looking good now but I hear the cocours polish really does the trick so I bought a whole kit just to have around. How would you compare the polish to mothers or mothers billet polish?

Pureshine
03-05-2013, 01:01 AM
I will get one in the a.m. They are looking good now but I hear the cocours polish really does the trick so I bought a whole kit just to have around. How would you compare the polish to mothers or mothers billet polish?
I have never used ether one sorry.I only use optimum metal polish been using it for years.

Colinpd137
03-05-2013, 01:23 AM
The best metal polish iv'e used was (believe or not) an over the counter from advanced called "White Diamond". I spent probably $100 trying to find the right metal polish and that one took the cake, still the only one I use today (the built in sealant is A+ to)

(Compared to Mothers/Meguiars/Blue magic/E1/WG)

Wes Bremec
03-05-2013, 07:17 AM
I've been using the wolfgang line up of metal polishes and let me tell you it is top notch. I've actually polished out 5 20 foot cargo trailers wrapped in diamond plating that was oxidized horribly. When finished dont make the mistake not to use the wolfgang metal sealant.:)

KillaCam
03-05-2013, 11:39 AM
The best metal polish iv'e used was (believe or not) an over the counter from advanced called "White Diamond". I spent probably $100 trying to find the right metal polish and that one took the cake, still the only one I use today (the built in sealant is A+ to)

(Compared to Mothers/Meguiars/Blue magic/E1/WG)
+1. You can get it over the counter. I haven't tried many, but this stuff is awesome. It has a sealant in it too.
Made my polished aliuminum wheels look like chrome. I maintain them with Collinite metal wax because it lasts so long and is easy to appply.