PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Wash & Road Salt?

CoachBuesching
03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I am a mobile detailer and am looking for options to wash cars. Just bought some rinseless wash. Does anyone have experience with rinseless wash and road salt?

I would believe that road salt would need something stronger (such as a power wash) to agitate it enough to loosen all the road salt.

Input would be great for methods on how to clean up road salt with out use of power wash or a hose.

THANKS!

w3bb3r04
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Personally I tackled this on my personal car on Saturday. I hit it with a pressure washer first and that took off most of the salt and debree, then I pulled it inside and used the Garry Dean Method using Ultimate no rinse. No scratches induced and turned out great.

IMO it would be very difficult to do without marring without a hose at the least.

Rockeey
03-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I live in Michigan and we have had plenty of salt thrown down on the roads this year. I have been using ONRWW. Before I wash, I use a spray bottle and spray a moderate amount of diluted ONRWW on the body panels. Then, out of a bucket, I use thick microfiber towels heavily saturated with the diluted ONRWW and move in a downward direction on the body panels squeezing the solution out of the towel as I'm moving. Works very well. I have been keeping an eye out for scratches and marring and, after a half dozen washes, I am not finding anything.

Pureshine
03-04-2013, 12:24 PM
You could spray some APC or P21s to loosening the road salt what I use in my foam canon.

Klasse Act
03-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I've made up the ratio for clay lube w/ the rinseless wash and use that for pre-wash, spraying it on first and then using the rinseless wash as directed, works great. Sure you use more product but it gets the job done w/o a problem!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online