PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Power Lock w/PC?

myr6eatsme
03-04-2013, 04:29 AM
My question is...Am I suppose to do a complete pass with the sealant? (My complete pass is 2x back and forth, up and down).

I'm guessing 1 pass is good enough?

BobbyG
03-04-2013, 06:38 AM
Thin full coverage is key with any sealant.

Blue or red foam pad
Speed 3
Go!

zmcgovern45
03-04-2013, 09:14 AM
http://attentiontodetailingpeoria.com/users/166016/assets/blog_197708_1900809.jpg

Just spread it out thinly and evenly across the entire vehicle... no need to do multiple passes as if you were polishing, just enough to ensure even coverage (as stated by BobbyG).

Little to no pressure is needed, just the weight of the machine. Relatively quick arm speed is also fine, as you are not relying on the product to abrade the surface or anything like that. I usually use a speed of 3-4 (with the PC 7424XP) and a blue fine finishing pad for applying a sealant or wax.

swanicyouth
03-04-2013, 09:35 AM
You need to do enough passes to spread it thinly and evenly

myr6eatsme
03-04-2013, 01:35 PM
thanks for the help!

Sunshyne
03-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Thin full coverage is key with any sealant.

Blue or red foam pad
Speed 3
Go!

As always, Bobby with a quality answer :xyxthumbs:

myr6eatsme
03-05-2013, 02:02 PM
another question....

how long do you leave the sealant on the car before you wipe it off?

The direction says to leave until it dries off as a haze...

BobbyG
03-05-2013, 02:22 PM
another question....

This is correct! :props:

Depending on the temperature and humidity could take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to haze but generally 10 to 15 is about normal....

zmcgovern45
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
another question....

This can be judged on a case by case basis. Power Lock is quite easy to remove even if left on for an extended period of time. I typically apply sealant to the entire vehicle, then finish up dressing the tires, polishing exhaust tips, etc and then remove the sealant. I would say on average I let it sit on the paint for 30min - 1 hour. At that duration, it wipes off without any problem or effort.

Keep in mind the properties of the sealant can be altered by many environmental factors such as temperature, humidity, etc. So you could experience different results, although I have had great luck with PL in all conditions and drying times.

Bunky
03-05-2013, 06:02 PM
You need to do enough passes to spread it thinly and evenly

Agree. I will usually go up and down and side to side to get uniform thin coverage.