PDA

View Full Version : I made it back here.......

justin_murphy
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Well guys, I'm back. I've been so busy here lately with work and my kids. Work has been really good. I've been doing a lot of stereo work as well. I'm trying to get this out there as much as possible. This way I will have income when it rains and this winter.

Being away and working a lot has led to some deep thoughts though..........

Why did I ever stop using 4-in-1 (rinseless washing)?

I did 4 today using the method. I do rinse the vehicles first though. Very dirty here where I live. I've been battling the sun and soap for the last few days. Using a rinseless wash has cured this for me! I did a Tahoe and a 4Runner today and only used 12 gallons of water. This was for pre-rinsing the vehicle and doing the wells, wheels, and tires. I also do the the door jams and windows with the rinseless wash. Saves me 15 minutes per detail like this.

Why do I not own a Honda EU1000i Generator?

Ok.......cost. It's 800 bucks. But........I got to hear and use one today. Holy Moly! My vacuum was louder than it was! It only weighs 29 pounds too. Purely awesome. I had my vac going and then put my Cyclo to it as well............it idled up and never hiccupped! I'm selling my loud-ass beast and getting one of these. Oh yeah, it's the size of one of those red, plastic gas cans.

Why have I not been calling my customers back within 48 hours of detailing their vehicles?

This was something I was taught as an automobile salesperson. A call after 2 days does several things. It allows you to solve problems that the customer may have before the get really upset and start talking. Another one is my fave..........it allows you to ask for referrals. By now, I bet a few people have seen and commented on their newly shined ride. I simply ask if there is anyone they know of that would be interested in my services. I usually get 1-2 names and numbers. Remember, the trust is already build within a referral. You can bet that every evening I will be calling my recently detailed customers!

Thanks guys! I'm glad to be back posting. This place rocks!

ryandamartini
05-10-2007, 09:07 PM
aesome man, best of luck to your business and your family. i was wondering why i never saw you reply in my eagle scout thread.

Keep it up man!

-Ryan

ehuth1
05-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I was going to call you today and see where have ya been, but now I know. Glad you have side stuff working out for you. I have a hookup for car stereo componets, just let me know if you don't already have a distributor.

MikeyC
05-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Why have I not been calling my customers back within 48 hours of detailing their vehicles?

This was something I was taught as an automobile salesperson. A call after 2 days does several things. It allows you to solve problems that the customer may have before the get really upset and start talking. Another one is my fave..........it allows you to ask for referrals. By now, I bet a few people have seen and commented on their newly shined ride. I simply ask if there is anyone they know of that would be interested in my services. I usually get 1-2 names and numbers. Remember, the trust is already build within a referral. You can bet that every evening I will be calling my recently detailed customers.

Here are a couple of other suggestions . . .

Send out a postcard to your customers at the beginning of the spring and another at the end of the summer. The postcard just says something along the lines of "get your car shined up for the summer" or "get your car protected for the winter."

Get some of those vinyl contact stickers similar to what they put on your window at the quick lube. You know the sticker which says change your oil next at XXX,000 miles. I think TOL sells a contact sticker like this which says get your car waxed next on MM/DD/YY. Put one on every car you detail to remind people when they should next get their car cleaned.

HighEndDetail
05-10-2007, 09:23 PM
You were gone:D. Do I need to come up there and give you a handhttp://www.peachstateposse.com/forum/images/smiles/seeya.gif
I'll talk to you in the am.

Jimmie
05-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Good to see you back. Missed you.

Here's one right up your alley. Last year all of the "Honda" 1000 generators that NASCAR uses the previous year were on sale on e-Bay. Seems that they were in the $600 range. If you run accross a bulk deal I'll take one if that helps on costs. Good to hear that it ran your vac OK. I thought that the stuff that we use would take more wattage.