PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi tile

Truls
05-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Someone know this garage flooring?

Looks like a breeze to floor the garage with this, its from the US, so i hope someone have heard about it (good/bad).

Its new on the market in Norway, so not much info on it here...

Thanks 4 feedbacks

Gary Sword
05-10-2007, 09:09 PM
I also have been thinking about putting tile on my garage floor but I never heard of Kiwi tile. I did a google search on it and got a number of hits. It's a polypropylene tile made in California. If I tile my garage I'm going to do it in ceramic tile. My cousin just did her garage floor with an epoxy paint and it looks pretty nice.

Surfer
05-10-2007, 10:21 PM
We had Racedeck in the last house, looked great but not cheap, I know theirs some other similar ones that are a lot less...think Sears has their own brand also? Pry just as good. The only thing is, if you live in very cold climates like where you are and then it gets warmer in the summer, the tiles can contract and expand eventually causing gaps and not fitting correctly.

Epoxy with Speckle looks good but so hard to do by yourself, better off having a professional. Almost every single garage I've seen where somebody bought a kit to do themselves, couple years later they start having issues with fading and cracking etc.

Truls
05-11-2007, 05:27 PM
The tiles costs $2000 usd for my garage floor, not bad. Got the option on Epoxy too, but as you say Surfer, lots of prepp work...