PDA

View Full Version : Tuf shine and new tires

spewking
03-02-2013, 06:37 PM
What do you think about using tuf shine on new tires on the wifey's car?

I have not used tuf shine before, but using it to get some durability on the wife's tires has some appeal. It may be easy to get new tires clean and prepped since the tires are brand new today and should not have any silicone or other oils to remove. You agree?

Questions:

If you don't like tuf shine, how hard is it to remove to start using another product?

Can your use another tire shine product on top of (or instead of) the tuf shine dressing, e.g. apply after the tuf shine cleaner? My thought is that from time to time I may want to apply a glossier dressing, but am concerned that you can't do this...it's gotta be tough shine all the way. Thoughts?

Thanks. David

swanicyouth
03-02-2013, 06:49 PM
1. To use TS on new tires, you must scrub the tire with their cleaner, just like an old tire. The cleaner preps the rubber to accept TS. That's just how it is per TS. The durability is very good, and exceeds everything out there I know of.

2. You can not use any other dressing with TS. Other products will cause the coating to degrade. For me, TS darkens the tires quite a bit. It doesn't leave a glossy or wet look. I would call it satin not matte. I have found after 1 good coat, layering additional coats make only a small difference.

tkendrick
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
What do you think about using tuf shine on new tires on the wifey's car?

I have not used tuf shine before, but using it to get some durability on the wife's tires has some appeal. It may be easy to get new tires clean and prepped since the tires are brand new today and should not have any silicone or other oils to remove. You agree?

Questions:

If you don't like tuf shine, how hard is it to remove to start using another product?

Can your use another tire shine product on top of (or instead of) the tuf shine dressing, e.g. apply after the tuf shine cleaner? My thought is that from time to time I may want to apply a glossier dressing, but am concerned that you can't do this...it's gotta be tough shine all the way. Thoughts?

Thanks. David

I would try all of the other dressings before I decided to use Tuff Shine.

I don't think you can effectively top tuff shine.

However, I gotta tell you, I absolutely love tuff shine. Their tire cleaner is the best I've ever used and I find the upkeep on tuff shine dressed tires to be extremely easy.

I've found my tires easy to clean and usually redress them about once a quarter. They always look good.

I wouldn't begin to know how to get the stuff off. (It really is tuff)

swanicyouth
03-02-2013, 06:55 PM
TS can be hard to remove (that's the point of it). Forget APC or soap. It can be removed with the TS tire cleaner and some scrubbing. But, once its applied correctly, there is no need to remove it.

You can wash the tires with soap, APC, and surfactant based wheel cleaners. This will not affect the coating. On a TS tire, I clean it with a boars hair wheel brush and wheel cleaner. You can clean the tire with car wash if you like. The sidewalk of the tire no longer attracts gunk and dirt from dressings.