PDA

View Full Version : GDWM w/ Mits

swanicyouth
03-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Cobra Chenille wash mits are on BOGO. For the price of 2 I can get 4. I already have 4 or 5 wash mits. That would bring my total up to 8 wash mits. Each mit is dual sided, so I would have 16 sides to work with.

Has anyone tried a GDWM with mits, or even a standard wash with mits, only going into the bucket once.

Is this a crazy idea?

Setec Astronomy
03-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Why is it any crazier than with towels? Now that I'm thinking about it, Garry Dean didn't originate this wash method, BillD did on another forum in maybe 2004 or 2005, having a bucket of wool mitts and only wiping with them once before washing.

Speed-Dude
03-02-2013, 04:10 PM
I would think that the mitts would hold and use up too much solution.

FUNX650
03-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Why is it any crazier than with towels? Now that I'm thinking about it, Garry Dean didn't originate this wash method, BillD<<< did on another forum in maybe 2004 or 2005, having a bucket of wool mitts and only wiping with them once before washing.

^^^ :goodpost:^^^

Thanks Setec for the jog down memory lane...
Been trying to remember this ever since the GDWM became:
'The Latest and The Greatest'.

Bob

Bunky
03-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Why is it any crazier than with towels? Now that I'm thinking about it, Garry Dean didn't originate this wash method, BillD did on another forum in maybe 2004 or 2005, having a bucket of wool mitts and only wiping with them once before washing.

I guess he should have made a video and named it.....

I use multiple mitts (5 to 7) when doing rinseless. I can get through a 3 gallon rinseless mixture most of the time.

It is important to tailor your method to the vehicle condition rather than follow some set regime. I also like that mitts give you the advantage of controlling pressure and able to easily flip sides if you use it like a mitt.

Setec Astronomy
03-02-2013, 04:36 PM
I guess he should have made a video and named it.....

I use multiple mitts (5 to 7) when doing rinseless. I can get through a 3 gallon rinseless mixture most of the time.

Here's a quote of Bill D from June, 2005 on that forum that we all used to post at before it got taken over by "famous" detailers like Garry Dean:

"I've eliminated my buckets altogether as I use the foam gun and just reach for new, clean mitts during the wash session."

Johny B
03-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Here's a quote of Bill D from June, 2005 on that forum that we all used to post at before it got taken over by "famous" detailers like Garry Dean:

"I've eliminated my buckets altogether as I use the foam gun and just reach for new, clean mitts during the wash session."

+1

swanicyouth
03-02-2013, 07:21 PM
That type of wash does sound like a time saver, as I always spend a lot of time rinsing the mit, both with a hose and in a bucket. With a foam cannon and enough mits, you could eliminate both buckets... Introducing....

(drum roll)

The Zero Bucket Wash Method (ZBWM).

...now I gotta order those mits.

cartman57
03-02-2013, 07:45 PM
That type of wash does sound like a time saver, as I always spend a lot of time rinsing the mit, both with a hose and in a bucket. With a foam cannon and enough mits, you could eliminate both buckets... Introducing....

(drum roll)

The Zero Bucket Wash Method (ZBWM).

...now I gotta order those mits.

Better trademark ZBWM now and figure a way to sell it!:xyxthumbs:

swanicyouth
03-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Get it right, it's ZBWM... Not ZBMW. ZBMW is probably some guys license plate.

cartman57
03-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Get it right, it's ZBWM... Not ZBMW. ZBMW is probably some guys license plate.

Got it corrected pronto! :o

Vegas Transplant
10-29-2013, 09:47 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: