PDA

View Full Version : Microfibers from China vs Korea

WRXINXS
03-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Are the ones from Korea that much better? I have purchased a good number of Towels from AG. Some are made in Korea. Some are made in China. And others are "woven in Korea and cut and sewn in China."

I really do not see a big difference in the quality of the ones made in Korea vs. China. They all seem paint safe to me. Just wanted to see what the general consensus is on this.

Drew

Setec Astronomy
03-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Yeah, people say the best ones are from Korea. I've seen crappy Chinese ones and good Chinese ones, I don't think the country of origin is a reliable indicator of whether it's going to be a good towel.

What is probably more relevant is when you find a towel you like whether or not they change it by the time you go and buy more. It's like every time I find a brand of underwear or some other product I like, I am never able to get it again. Or if you like your car and it gets totaled and they don't make them anymore.

Bunky
03-02-2013, 07:31 AM
Towels usually marked Made in Korea are good towels and as said above the cheaper towels with more variation in quality come from China. Some mf labeled Made in China use bulk material from Korea but just cut and finished in China so beware those that say all Chinese source towels are garbage.

WRXINXS
03-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I know for example that the "Orange Microfiber Towel - 3 Pack" sold here on AG is made in China (According to the tag) but the quality seems excellent! Like Setec says county of origin is not always the best indicator.

Bill1234
03-02-2013, 10:46 AM
I say to buy made in USA !!!

FUNX650
03-02-2013, 12:44 PM
I say to buy made in USA !!!
I definitely would like to purchase USA-manufactured:
Polyester/Polyamide(nylon 6,6) MicroFiber-towels.

Where do you purchase yours?

(To be clear: I don't mean any MicroFiber towels that are:
"Cut & Sewn" in the USA...from overseas-sourced microfiber)

:)

Bob

Setec Astronomy
03-02-2013, 01:37 PM
I definitely would like to purchase USA-manufactured:
Polyester/Polyamide(nylon 6,6) MicroFiber-towels.

Where do you purchase yours?

(To be clear: I don't mean any MicroFiber towels that are:
"Cut & Sewn" in the USA...from overseas-sourced microfiber)

You mean like the Zaino "made in USA" towels with all the made in USA weasel-words?

cartman57
03-02-2013, 02:35 PM
You mean like the Zaino "made in USA" towels with all the made in USA weasel-words?

More like:
Developed, processed, inspected, and packaged in the USA
Fabric woven in Korea.

Bigbull2984
03-02-2013, 03:15 PM
More like:
Fabric woven in Korea.

Wonder how much one towel would cost? :eek:

Setec Astronomy
03-02-2013, 03:23 PM
More like:
Fabric woven in Korea.

They must have changed it when they first came out it said made in usa with an asterisk "meets FTC requirements for made in usa labeling" or something like that. So I guess they get the rolls of fabric from Korea and cut and inspect them here, so they are "made" in the us. Nice towels, not worth $8.33 each, if you can get them.

Bunky
03-02-2013, 04:51 PM
More like:
Fabric woven in Korea.

I have seen some products say "Engineered in Germany or USA, Made in China". The Made in statement is usually defined by the location of the last major transformation so cut/sewing would be a considered a major transformation. At one point, when selling to the US Government had a stricter definition of made in USA.

Johny B
03-02-2013, 05:04 PM
I have seen some products say "Engineered in Germany or USA, Made in China". The Made in statement is usually defined by the location of the last major transformation so cut/sewing would be a considered a major transformation. At one point, when selling to the US Government had a stricter definition of made in USA.

:iagree: