PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy Black Hole and Klasse

2ndName
03-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Hello,

I wanted to double check with the pros before I continue. I have a brand new car, black Mazda, that I've applied a coat of PB's Black Hole. Now, I have the Klasse twins and was wondering which is best to top it off with. Should it be the AIO or the SG? Or both? If there's something else that I should buy to top it off with, let me know. I rather use what I have versus purchasing more products and stock the rest.

Thank you!

Iron400
03-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Hello,

I wanted to double check with the pros before I continue. I have a brand new car, black Mazda, that I've applied a coat of PB's Black Hole. Now, I have the Klasse twins and was wondering which is best to top it off with. Should it be the AIO or the SG? Or both? If there's something else that I should buy to top it off with, let me know. I rather use what I have versus purchasing more products and stock the rest.

Thank you!

I believe the Klasse AIO will take off the black hole. SG should be ok as it doesn't have cleaners in it.

swanicyouth
03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
You don't want to top a glaze with anything that cleans or polishes like an AIO. I've never used Klasse, bit the SG should be fine.

jjj
03-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Are u looking for looks or durability pt both Black hole topped with coly845. Good looking combo that lasts a while. The above posts have it right on, an AIO/cleaner wax will take bh off. I try and top glaze with something that will last or "seal the glaze job". Once that top coat is gone glaze will be to or shortly after.

2ndName
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Thanks. Gave it a try with Klasse SG before I go out and purchase more gear and I'm satisfied with the finish. Some far away shots of the car after 1 coat of PB Black Hole and Klasse SG. Side question, any recommendation for a quick detailer? I've been using Mother's but was wondering if there's something better that can purchased in bulk. I'm going through quick detailers in a hurry and I'm not a hardcore detailer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/Chelica/Auto/5_322013_zpsbdac2d4f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/Chelica/Auto/4_322013_zpsce3d4507.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/Chelica/Auto/1_322013_zpsd9ec2d1b.jpg

Klasse Act
03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Yeah the products here its the KSG last for sure but here's a tip, apply a 2nd coat of KSG 12hrs later and remember, apply KSG VERY THINNLY.....VERY THINNLY! You'll know if you applied it thinnly enough by whether or not it comes right off afterwards, I mean right afterwards, one panel at a time, wipe it off right away. Also, keep your applicator damp when using KSG, it makes life much easier, trust me, I've beenusing it since 2005.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

2ndName
03-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah the products here its the KSG last for sure but here's a tip, apply a 2nd coat of KSG 12hrs later and remember, apply KSG VERY THINNLY.....VERY THINNLY! You'll know if you applied it thinnly enough by whether or not it comes right off afterwards, I mean right afterwards, one panel at a time, wipe it off right away. Also, keep your applicator damp when using KSG, it makes life much easier, trust me, I've beenusing it since 2005.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Question to a vet KSG user. One panel a time and wipe it off right away? I was told to wait 30 mins or more. I'll definitely do this.

So walk me through this; Applicator pad, spray QD on it, add a dab of KSG, do a panel. Panel is done, wipe it off right away with a clean MF towel, use QD or not on the MF towel?

On the next panel, do I put another dab of KSG and damp it some more with the QD?

Racer Vol
03-03-2013, 10:00 PM
I use the Klasse twins and while I don't have the experience of others, I have learned the lesson of applying thin. You want to apply the AIO thinly, but the HGSG has to be applied HYPER thin. If you can see it, you have used too much. You pretty much have it correct, dampen the applicator with QD then apply a small amount of HGSG (I use a travel size spray bottle). Apply to one section as thin as you can and buff it off. I buff it off with a little Pinnacle Crystal Mist and that adds a nice bit of depth and slickness. As others have said, multiple coats work very well.