PDA

View Full Version : CD2 Engine Detailer

paivag
05-10-2007, 02:31 PM
Anyone use CD2 Engine Detailer? I use this stuff all the time. I get it OTC. Just surprised its not mentioned here for engine details.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31G5NV1ETRL._SS400_.jpg

I'll have to find some pictures of engine bays where I used this. Gives it a very shiney look and doesn't attract a lot of dust or anything.

budman3
05-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Where do you get it OTC.... it's nearly impossible to find for the past 2 years... which is why it isn't talked about that much

flatstick
05-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I would ask the same thing, where are you finding it OTC? would like to trade or buy some if the price is not crazy like most places are trying to sell it for. you can pm me if you want.

Truls
05-10-2007, 03:33 PM
In Armor All tire foam i thrust....

Just cleaned out two stores for their last cans..

Can you compare those two? if you have tryed the AA?

joe.p
05-10-2007, 03:35 PM
I would ask the same thing, where are you finding it OTC? would like to trade or buy some if the price is not crazy like most places are trying to sell it for. you can pm me if you want.
WHATS UP FS !!!!!!!! Murrays autoparts by the house has CD2 in stock on occasions...There always threaten to discontinue the CD2 but on a few occasions they have restocked it..

MikeyC
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Anyone use CD2 Engine Detailer? I use this stuff all the time. I get it OTC. Just surprised its not mentioned here for engine details.

I'll have to find some pictures of engine bays where I used this. Gives it a very shiney look and doesn't attract a lot of dust or anything.

Hi George!

Did you get your CD2 at C.A.P.? That's the only place I've been able to find it lately.

I really like CD2, but it is getting expensive at $8 a can and it can be hard to find. A similar look can be achieved with Hyper Dressing, 303, or tire foam. However, what makes CD2 so great is that dust doesn't stick to it like other products.

paivag
05-10-2007, 10:22 PM
WOW I didn't know it was discontinued? I used my last stash on my wife's damn wheel wheels when I gave them a good wash during winter to summer tire changeover. I got it at either the local autozone or pepboys. Damn now I am going to run out and see if I can find more. I got it last spring.

wytstang
05-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah I've always wanted to try it I just can't find it :(

MoparAddict
05-11-2007, 12:09 AM
This is all i use for engines. My local Napa Auto Parts orders it for me by the case(12 cans). Its expensive but i havent found anything that compares to it yet. I like how dust doesnt stick to it, sense i live on a dirt road.

Z06-Goose
05-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Can somebody explain the process of cleaning the engine with CD2?
I know I've seen it around here. I just never paid too much attention to it.
Is this a spray on, leave on, rinse off type of stuff?
Thx-Goose

blivengood
05-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Hey everyone, I just checked Autozone's website and they show that their stores have this cd2 engine detailer in most of their stores for $4.99 can. You can most likley order it from their web site too.

blivengood
05-11-2007, 02:25 AM
sorry....... just found out it's not available online

sparkie
05-11-2007, 05:14 AM
I can't find it. Autozone in my town told me they never hear of it.

MikeyC
05-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Hey everyone, I just checked Autozone's website and they show that their stores have this cd2 engine detailer in most of their stores for $4.99 can. You can most likley order it from their web site too.

I've bought CD2 at AZ in the past, but they no longer have it in stock where I am and I've checked multiple locations. When I ask the clerk about it I get a blank stare.