PDA

View Full Version : Daily drivers and wheel cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

HellaBroke
03-01-2013, 08:35 AM
What do you all use on your daily drivers?
I normally foam rinse mothers wheel cleaner scrub rinse foam, and ironx once a month.
Thinking about ordering a 5L of sonax wheel cleaner full effect and just using that once a wheek in a pump sprayer with my regular washes.
I searched and came up with a lot of throughal detail as in customer wheek cleaning solutions all good stuff just a lot of it seems to be ironx and thats a bit pricey to do once a month or so.
Thanks for any tips tricks etc.
Keep in mind the wheels come off every 3k mikes to get rotated and I clean the barrels and lugnut holes throughly when I rotate. And the brake pads are organic and dust like a champ.
Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online

Minoan212
03-01-2013, 08:56 AM
My car is more of weekend warrior that is parked outside 24-7. I really like Sonax. It seems to do a really good job for me.

Wheelzntoys
03-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Once in a while I use Trix and FK1000p.

Weekly it is Ult. Quick Detailer and with Ultimate Quick Wax.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
03-01-2013, 09:02 AM
Keeping a coat of wheel wax on them helps a lot with the cleaning process. You might want to look into Opti-Coat for added protection.

HellaBroke
03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
I spray them down with reload and v7 here and there and my r has opticoat 2.0 on black ultralagger wheels and while this works metal from the rotors still embeds (im assuming this because when I spray down with iron x they still bleed like crazy on the driveway) so oc helps but still gets contaminents

PA DETAILER
03-01-2013, 09:51 AM
megs APC + 4:1
i have it mixed in the chemical sprayer.

Ryry11
03-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I've never used a dedicated wheel cleaner until recently. I've always just kept my wheels waxed, and with normal washings all that is need is my car wash soap and a mitt to clean them. However, I just ordered the sonax full effect with the deal that is going on and with the reviews I've read. It works great. The stuff is pricey, but I gotta say I do like how it works. I spray them down, let them work for about 5 minutes, then I take my boars hair wheel brush in a bucket of car wash soap and gently give them a once over and they turn out spotless.

WRXINXS
03-01-2013, 11:36 AM
I don't drive even my daily driver very much but I use Griots Wheel Cleaner (The regular green one). It is very safe and not too expensive plus it smells great!

Boudin
03-01-2013, 12:05 PM
I've been using UTTG to seal my wheels. I didn't even know you could use it for wheels but it says so on the back of the bottle. All I need now to clean the wheels is my regular car wash soap (OCW).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Blackthorn One
03-01-2013, 12:08 PM
I don't drive even my daily driver very much but I use Griots Wheel Cleaner (The regular green one). It is very safe and not too expensive plus it smells great!
I too use Griot's regular wheel cleaner. If every two or three weeks, I've found it to be strong enough. I've always found car wash soap to be enough to clean wheels once a week. If the wheels have sealant on them, they are even easier to clean. You barely have to touch them to clean them then, plus they look better. I've used Poorboy's Wheel Sealant and Griot's Garage pant sealant on my wheels (At two different times) with excellent results. To me, wheel cleaner is mostly for neglected wheels.

I like Sonax Full Effect for neglected wheels. Griot's Garage Heavy Duty Wheel cleaner is excellent for neglected wheels too, but is not as strong as Sonax Full Effect.

zmcgovern45
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
I use CG Diablo Gel 4:1 for routine cleanings since they are never too dirty. Works well and is cheap.

HellaBroke
03-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Ok good deal sonax full effect it is. Seems to me that the consensus is in

WRXINXS
03-01-2013, 03:14 PM
BTW I use Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner for neglected wheels. Works pretty well and I suppose it is pretty similar to Sonax Full Effect.

HellaBroke
03-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Same bleeding effect? I guess I should verify before I place this order sonax when bleeds to purple is dissolving ferrous metals similar to ironx correct? (Going to go reread ags description as well)

BillyJack
03-01-2013, 03:55 PM
In the past year, two German vehicles entered the household DD fleet, so I had to spend some AGO research time on wheel maintenance. Currently, I'm doing Iron-X soap followed by Collinite 845 or 476. I get 3-4 months of DD usage with just ONR washings before it's time for a re-do.

Bill