PDA

View Full Version : Is there any cleaning only rinseless ?

DaC
02-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Is there any rinseless that won't leave any protection or gloss enhancing substances behind ? Only pure cleaning power ?

jvs1991
02-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Meguiars rinse free express wash. Great cleaning nothing left behind but a streak free finish.

DaC
02-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Meguiars rinse free express wash. Great cleaning nothing left behind but a streak free finish.

I was thinking about this one, just wasn't sure if it does or does not leaves something behind..... but it seems from some reviews, it has a better cleaning power than others rinseless.

jvs1991
02-28-2013, 09:16 AM
I was thinking about this one, just wasn't sure if it does or does not leaves something behind..... but it seems from some reviews, it has a better cleaning power than others rinseless.
Another thing I like is how well it releases dirt from your wash media.

If you're interested in trying it before you buy I can send you a sample to try. Pm me if interested.

DaC
02-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Another thing I like is how well it releases dirt from your wash media.

If you're interested in trying it before you buy I can send you a sample to try. Pm me if interested.

I'd love to, but I live in Brazil.... but if you're willing to...... we could sure make this work.
D114 still doesn't sells over here

Bigbull2984
02-28-2013, 09:29 AM
This is a great rinseless, its my go to on my black car.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/55800-review-megs-d114.html

DaC
02-28-2013, 09:34 AM
This is a great rinseless, its my go to on my black car.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/55800-review-megs-d114.html

Very nice.... so far are you being able to leave your car swirl free using the 2 buckets and d114 ?

Bigbull2984
02-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Very nice.... so far are you being able to leave your car swirl free using the 2 buckets and d114 ?

My wifes car and my older Acura yes.

My newer Acura has extremely soft clear, it is swirl free(last correction was may 2012) but has some straight like scratches.

My wash method is 10 or so plush towels and one bucket, I never put the dirty towel back in. I guess its called Garry Dean method, but its just how I started doing it before I knew there was a name to my method.

Klasse Act
02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Isn't the regular ONR just a straight cleaner? I figured it was because of the new one with wax in it.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

DaC
02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
My wifes car and my older Acura yes.

My newer Acura has extremely soft clear, it is swirl free(last correction was may 2012) but has some straight like scratches.

My wash method is 10 or so plush towels and one bucket, I never put the dirty towel back in. I guess its called Garry Dean method, but its just how I started doing it before I knew there was a name to my method.

I personally use a wash mitt and the regular 2 buckets.
Maybe when I have more MF towels I might switch to this other method, as of now I'm saving the good ones to remove polish residue. But it must be much faster than the way I'm doing now. no rinsing and squeezing after all...

And if you're able to keep your cars that way, I guess D114 is a good product.
I might try to get some to use before OC or after it when the car is dirtier with some UWW+ added.

DaC
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Isn't the regular ONR just a straight cleaner? I figured it was because of the new one with wax in it.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

No... the regular ONR actually leaves something behind, I just don't know what it is, definitively not a wax.

Bigbull2984
02-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I personally use a wash mitt and the regular 2 buckets.
Maybe when I have more MF towels I might switch to this other method, as of now I'm saving the good ones to remove polish residue. But it must be much faster than the way I'm doing now. no rinsing and squeezing after all...

And if you're able to keep your cars that way, I guess D114 is a good product.
I might try to get some to use before OC or after it when the car is dirtier with some UWW+ added.

If the car is really dirtier I have a garden sprayer that I fill with water and a little under .5 oz of rinseless and drench the panel, that probably has helped me the most keeping my cars scratch free.

Bigbull2984
02-28-2013, 11:18 AM
No... the regular ONR actually leaves something behind, I just don't know what it is, definitively not a wax.

Correct it has gloss enhancers, but I hear it is body shop safe.

PiPUK
02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
This is a question which is often answered with questionable accuracy. Much of it actually comes down to what is a waterless cleaner? In my view, a waterless or rinseless cleaner must deposit something on the surface. This comes from simple cleaning theory. Yes, the marketing you are given is correct in many ways, surfactants/polymers/etc. can loosen dirt, it can encapsulate it and it can help to ensure it binds onto the wash media. However, it does not magically transport the dirt deep within the media, isolating it from the surface. For the duration of each individual wipe, you have an amount of soiling (abrasive material) which is in contact with both surface and wash media. Do not kid yourself that every product in this class is concerned with this, some products will finish here and there will be an elevated risk of surface damage. This is one reason why I am not a fan of the product class, unless it is genuinely required. If further effort is to be made to ensure surface safety, it is necessary to have something in the product to further minimise the friction between the soiling and the surface. These are anti-mar additives and can take the form of anything from surface active agents (generically you know these as surfactants, but gloss enhancers are simply a subgroup) through to silicones and waxes. The important thing is that they tend to be things which affix themselves to the surface and effectively lower the surface energy. If you are operating in a waterless/rinseless manner, these agents will be fixed (temporarily) to the surface after the process is complete. Because there is no water rinse, the agents have to persist. So, from my point of view, for a waterless wash to be worth considering, it really should leave something behind.

Now you do have to consider that many generic surfactants will tend to form temporary bonds to surfaces, especially waxy or sealed ones. It is actually very difficult to avoid this. I have demonstrated before that this is the reason behind some wax stripper myths (washing up liquid) - rather than stripping as assumed, the stripper does little more than firmly bind to the wax only to provide it a temporary change in hydro-activity (non-technical term). Again this is reason why I am not keen on non-rinse washes - after you are done you can practically guarantee that there is a film of misc. chemicals persisting.

Food for thought at least.