PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to the RM acutions in Detriot

CalgaryDetail
05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
So i got some great news last night. I was invited to go to the rm actuion in detriot on June 9th by one of my dads freinds who collects clasic cars.

I belive he will be showing a 27 pakard (maybe i can help detail it) http://www.detailcity.org/forums/images/smilies/rockon.gif

The auction looks like it should be a good one, it is my first so it should be exciting.

There even selling a dusenberg...

I am going down on the thursday and spending a day or two in chatum(sp) ontario to check out his car collection and meet some of the enthusists in the hamlet.
I think i might sneek a few jars of wax that will fall out of my pocket... ohh well iguees i better use them on the cars.

So since i have bragged (sorry) i was wondering is anyone else is planning on going?

richy
05-10-2007, 11:15 PM
My parents always help out at that and many r/m auctions (although they're not going to the one in Italy at the Ferrari plant!) and I used to help out at the ones at the Novi Civic centre by parking cars. it was a blast for a car freak like me b/c I got to drive everything from vintage Packards to Detroit muscle cars. My father has collected and restored classic cars longer than I lived; I've grown up around them. I've driven everything from an electric car to hand-crank early brass cars to exotics.