PDA

View Full Version : IronX or TRIX?

Boudin
02-27-2013, 07:13 PM
I have IronX but Im about to run out. I was looking at both IronX and Trix and it seems Trix is cheaper but does both Iron and Tar decontamination. Is Trix not as strong as IronX? Why is it cheaper but does more?

Circa40
02-27-2013, 07:48 PM
IMO Trix isnt as strong as Iron-x. I bought Trix in BOGO and while it works well at removing tar, it wont replace Iron-X on paint.

Rsurfer
02-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Trix was made more for wheels because of the tar remover. Thus the name Trix Tr=tar remover-ix=iron x.

Boudin
02-27-2013, 09:29 PM
IMO Trix isnt as strong as Iron-x. I bought Trix in BOGO and while it works well at removing tar, it wont replace Iron-X on paint.

Thanks, thats what I was wanting to know.

Bigbull2984
02-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Any issues using trix on paint? I too had the same question as OP.

Johny B
02-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Trix was made more for wheels because of the tar remover. Thus the name Trix Tr=tar remover-ix=iron x.

:iagree:

swanicyouth
02-27-2013, 10:19 PM
I saw a CarPro video where the demo'd Trix on paint, so I'm sure its safe.

ShaunD
02-27-2013, 11:17 PM
You need to be very careful with TRIX around rubber. On a new FR-S is spotted the weather stripping around the window. It didn't eat through the rubber but made me freak out until I made it uniform looking again. Also, it left some brownish streaking on some tires which required some effort to fix.
I think this is all mostly due to trix being more runny than tar-x.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online

Andr3wilson
02-28-2013, 12:24 AM
I have ironx and tarx

Spot treat the tar areas with tarX and the rest with ironX.

Overall it will be safer, more effective and use less product IMO

Lim3
02-28-2013, 02:17 AM
Damn, and I purchase the liter of TRIX.
I messed up

Benziez
02-28-2013, 05:20 AM
My Trix wont melt a single tar. I sprayed it on a panel full of tar, but nothing happen. but when I used tar x, on another panel, can actually see the tar disolving

PiPUK
02-28-2013, 06:00 AM
Speculatively I suspect that trix pricing is such for sales reasons rather than cost grounds. Information online will definitely show that Trix has been much less of a success than Carpro would have liked. This is no criticism at all and the nature of business is such that every new product cannot be the success that Iron-X has been. As such I suspect that the pricing is based on the performance and popularity being lower than intended.

Initially Trix was claimed to have equal strength to tar-x and iron-x but practice has definitely shown otherwise. Now, in my view it does work, at least to a fashion. It will not work as well as the individual components. It also requires constant shaking otherwise the tar and iron removal ingredients will separate. If one fails to do this, you will end up spraying only one of the two components and, as the OP alludes to, this can mean almost total ineffectiveness against the other.

I have formulated comparable products and whilst the separating is avoidable, some of the other characteristics described do seem to be difficult to avoid. In particular I note the trim staining and browning of rubber tyres - I have seen this repeatedly with test formulations and have no really acceptable reason for this occurring (often the incorporated solvents in isolation do not do the same). My only advice is that you are very careful around trim.