PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Cloth and such...

KJW Detailing
05-10-2007, 09:52 AM
So i know how to clean up and detail interiors with lexus b/c thats all i see at lexus but now that i am going to start my side business soon i know that i will come across more and more cloth seats and such...

I was suggested to use Meg APC...but my question is, how do you clean cloth?

do you spray the seat and then rub it with a brillo type pad...do you make a small bucket filled with the products and use a brillo type pad again to rub the seat...do you use a brush...

how do you guys clean cloth?

thanks!

Lone_Star
05-10-2007, 09:59 AM
I had great results with Megs quick out on cloth. I just sprayed the seat with quick out, let it sit for about 2 minutes. Then took some steaming hot water with a MF and dabbed, rubbed until I got all the product out and stain. Then vacuumed the rest to help it dry and stay.

KJW Detailing
05-10-2007, 10:02 AM
ok cool thanks for the reply...anyone else?

Lone_Star
05-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Didn't read about the brillo, might be a little harsh on cloth. I would try a softer brush or MF.

KJW Detailing
05-10-2007, 10:25 AM
i dont mean i brillo i just know that at work we use something similar...its like a white and grey pad...white is soft and the grey is harder...

RPM06
05-10-2007, 11:34 AM
So i know how to clean up and detail interiors with lexus b/c thats all i see at lexus but now that i am going to start my side business soon i know that i will come across more and more cloth seats and such...

I was suggested to use Meg APC...but my question is, how do you clean cloth?

do you spray the seat and then rub it with a brillo type pad...do you make a small bucket filled with the products and use a brillo type pad again to rub the seat...do you use a brush...

how do you guys clean cloth?

thanks!

for me 303 and microfiber cloth has worked well. I picked up a package from Costco and use them solely for the interior.
:cheers:

orngez
05-10-2007, 11:47 AM
little green clean machine...60 bucks at most retailers...does a great job on carpet and cloth seats...

D
05-11-2007, 11:14 AM
I got the brushes for the PC, Porter Cable 7424 Carpet & Upholstery Brushes (http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-brushes.html) Right now Ive got the white one and gray one. I wouldnt want to clean carpets again without them. I use the gray one on cloth, leather, and other interior surfaces. The white one is for carpets only.

And I use DP interior cleaner for ALL interior surfaces, carpet, cloth, leather, etc.

I used the gray one for the first time on cloth and the center console. Man it did such a good job, wish I had taken pictures.

ScottB
05-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Headliners --- Woolite

JBs
05-12-2007, 04:39 AM
resolve?