PDA

View Full Version : Using water tanks

Glenn Taylor
02-27-2013, 01:34 PM
For the mobile detailer. What size water tanks do you use? How many cars do you get out of your tanks?

Second do you for go tanks all together and require water and power at place of detail. If you use this option what success rate do you have with this at businesses?

Thanks for your feed back!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using AG Online

rmagnus
02-27-2013, 04:10 PM
What are you going to install the water tanks in? What do you plan on washing? Do you also do waterless washes or any of the newer wash techniques? If so that will cut down on the water needed. Most mobile guys prefer to use their own water and power but clients will provide it if detailing at their homes.

Quiet generator (Honda 2000 $900) will power most anything you will need.

For the most part big water tanks are not really needed possibly something in the 30 gallon range will suffice. That will generally do 4-5 cars depending on condition.

Glenn Taylor
02-27-2013, 04:34 PM
What are you going to install the water tanks in? What do you plan on washing? Do you also do waterless washes or any of the newer wash techniques? If so that will cut down on the water needed. Most mobile guys prefer to use their own water and power but clients will provide it if detailing at their homes.

Quiet generator (Honda 2000 $900) will power most anything you will need.

For the most part big water tanks are not really needed possibly something in the 30 gallon range will suffice. That will generally do 4-5 cars depending on condition.

I will be washing cars, trucks, suvs at businesses. I was looking to wash 8 to 9 cars a day will be using a 1600 psi 1.4 gpm pressure washer. Tank will be on a trailer. No Waterless.

I was just wondering how far guys were making it and how there water usage looked

jgibson2980
02-27-2013, 04:49 PM
I am using a 100 gallon tank . I can get about 9 or 10 cars out of it just depends on how dirty they are. This is my first winter being mobile and man let me tell you getting all that junk off the car from the snows and all uses so water . I have thought about using some waterless wash but I have never used any before. But I would love to try some out .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

Glenn Taylor
02-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Never used waterless. Seems to me that would induce paint issues, but I am open to all possibilities or other new wash techniques.

wangotango
02-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Just from an engineering approach: one tank in center of trailer (directly over axles) or one per side with piping to balance fluid levels. Dont' want the tail waggin' the dog. Front to back balance important to think of as well. Think it thru, have fun, and good luck!

arjo.reich
02-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Having recently fallen in love with waterless washes I can say that if the average joe was to do it with a terricloth or cheap microfiber it would scratch his paint however, done correctly they are awesome.

Lucky Joe,
Wannabe Detailer

Sent from my HTC DNA

Glenn Taylor
02-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Having recently fallen in love with waterless washes I can say that if the average joe was to do it with a terricloth or cheap microfiber it would scratch his paint however, done correctly they are awesome.

Lucky Joe,
Wannabe Detailer

Sent from my HTC DNA

So what do you do for rims? Is the wash strong enough to tackle them?

Infiltrator
02-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Gary Dean method is pretty safe, that is what I use for waterless