PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help! Major Detailing Weekend Coming Up!

bandgeek99
05-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Alright, I've been lurking here for a while, but I got a big weekend coming up I want to prep for so I want to make sure I do this right.

Car: 2006 Charger
Paint: Magnesium Pearl
Condition: Not waxed since November, 2006 (Unless you count Eagle-On-Wax as you dry or Spray-On Souveran with Optimum No Rinse Wash washes during the winter). Never sealed. Minor imperfections (swirls/bird crap).
Last Wax: Meg's Gold Class (Paste), Nov 2006
Last Polish: Meg's Step 2 Polish, July 2006
Using PC 7424 with Edge Pads for everything I can.

Since November, there have been several washes and a couple spray waxes to get through winter.

Now, I have Klasse HG Sealant and Liquid Souveran that I want to apply this time. What is my best bet procedure?

This is my plan, and please tell me where I'm wrong or where I could do better.

1. Wash (Meg's Gold Class Shampoo)
2. Dry
3. Clay (Meg's Clay from Pep Boys)
4. Paint Clean (strip off the spray on wax; but is this an extra step since I'm already claying?) (Meg's Paint Clean Step 1)
5. Polish (Meg's Step 2)
6. Seal (Klasse HG Seal)
7. Wait 24 Hours
8. Wax (Liquid Souveran)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I want to get this right while the car is still 'young'.

Thanks!

sparkie
05-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Looks good to me.

orngez
05-10-2007, 12:28 PM
looks good...the megs step one is probably unnecessary the fact that you are claying and polishing...its up to you...

bandgeek99
05-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Do you guys think I should be using XMT360 or the Klasse AIO instead of the Meg's PC or Polish?

I've been debating them but the way I read the information on them it seems like they're designed for cars with a few more flaws than mine. And I don't understand the point of using the AIO if I'm just going to follow with the seal. Of course, it's too late to order them to get them here for Saturday, but just in case I can get them for the next time.

Thanks again!

supercharged
05-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Alright, I've been lurking here for a while, but I got a big weekend coming up I want to prep for so I want to make sure I do this right.

Car: 2006 Charger
Paint: Magnesium Pearl
Condition: Not waxed since November, 2006 (Unless you count Eagle-On-Wax as you dry or Spray-On Souveran with Optimum No Rinse Wash washes during the winter). Never sealed. Minor imperfections (swirls/bird crap).
Last Wax: Meg's Gold Class (Paste), Nov 2006
Last Polish: Meg's Step 2 Polish, July 2006
Using PC 7424 with Edge Pads for everything I can.

Since November, there have been several washes and a couple spray waxes to get through winter.

Now, I have Klasse HG Sealant and Liquid Souveran that I want to apply this time. What is my best bet procedure?

This is my plan, and please tell me where I'm wrong or where I could do better.

1. Wash (Meg's Gold Class Shampoo)
2. Dry
3. Clay (Meg's Clay from Pep Boys)
4. Paint Clean (strip off the spray on wax; but is this an extra step since I'm already claying?) (Meg's Paint Clean Step 1)
5. Polish (Meg's Step 2)
6. Seal (Klasse HG Seal)
7. Wait 24 Hours
8. Wax (Liquid Souveran)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I want to get this right while the car is still 'young'.

Thanks!
Forget about Megs polish (#2). It has oils, and Klasse SG will not bond to it.
Skip this step and go straight to Klasse SG (I would use Klasse AIO instead of Megs#1, then straight to SG)
Let is cure, and then wax.