PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0

DRT BRD
02-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Hey guys, went to opti-coat a Lexus this weekend and noticed the syringe was leaking a good amount of product out of the bottom. I was able to coat the car but it was drenching my gloves if I held it at an angle. There is still a bunch left thankfully but has anyone ran into this? It stays in the plastic bag when not in use capped up and I haven't had any problems until now. I laid it flat so it wasn't leaking but I think it's still doing it slowly. Any ideas?

Setec Astronomy
02-26-2013, 11:42 AM
What is the "bottom", the end you push on, or the pointy end?

DRT BRD
02-26-2013, 11:53 AM
What is the "bottom", the end you push on, or the pointy end?

Sorry, I should have made that clear. Yes the part of the plunger that you push on. I don't think it's leaking from there per-say, but, from inside there.

Setec Astronomy
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Well, there is a seal on the plunger that is apparently leaking. I would store it in a cup or something so that they syringe is vertical with the plunger side up, so nothing leaks out during storage (if it leaks out and you wind up with a lot of air in there it may harden up on you). I have not had this problem and have never heard of it, so unless Chris chimes in and offers to send you a new syringe, I'd just keep the plunger end up in storage and use until it's gone.

HellaBroke
02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Buy this
http://www.ecrater.com/p/11479476/dispensing-syringes-20cc-20ml-plastic?gps=1

Or contact optimum and see if they can send you a new one.

I know after each use you are supposed to remove any air left in the syringe because the product starts its cure/off gas with oxygen. How ever you want to word this...
Does that make sense?
Expensicve product to have go bad in my eyes

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online