PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Compound II or Polish II for 05 Audi A4 one step?

bmwgeek
02-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Haven't worked on Audis yet and was wondering if a 05 A4 Silver color have hard clear coat? I want to stick with the Optimum polishes that way I can just wipe down with water before applying Opti-Coat. I haven't used either of the Optimum polishes yet.

The car has never been polished through its 8 year life and have its share of swirls and scratches from automatic car washes. Will be using the Rupes 15 on it once it comes in.

Recommendations appreciated thanks.

Audi X2
02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Best plan of attack is to always do a test area and start with the least aggressive product to start.
Most likely the clear will be on the hard side or very hard, but this is not always a given and never assume this is the case.
You can always use different pads with different polishes to achieve the desired result. Depending on the defects and level of correction desired it may be possible to use the Optimum Polish II as a one step product and obtain satisfactory results. However keep in mind that all or part of the vehicle may need more defect removal than a one step and if using the compound II a finishing step with a different pad and Polish II may be necessary.

It is always a good idea to have a variety of pads and compounds/polishes on hand to tackle the unknown to ensure that you can achieve the results you desire in the most effective manner.

Johny B
02-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Best plan of attack is to always do a test area and start with the least aggressive product to start.
Most likely the clear will be on the hard side or very hard, but this is not always a given and never assume this is the case.
You can always use different pads with different polishes to achieve the desired result. Depending on the defects and level of correction desired it may be possible to use the Optimum Polish II as a one step product and obtain satisfactory results. However keep in mind that all or part of the vehicle may need more defect removal than a one step and if using the compound II a finishing step with a different pad and Polish II may be necessary.

It is always a good idea to have a variety of pads and compounds/polishes on hand to tackle the unknown to ensure that you can achieve the results you desire in the most effective manner.

Well said.