PDA

View Full Version : Dilute CGs Pad Cleaner?

anarchy
02-25-2013, 08:43 PM
I just got my delivery of hex logic pads and it came with a free bottle of the CG pad cleaner. Do you guys use this straight onto pad and then clean in bucket system or by hand? Or does this stuff get diluted and then sprayed onto pad? Bottle seems kind of confusing to me. Thanks.
Devin

Johny B
02-25-2013, 08:52 PM
CG informations:

Directions for clean pads:

Always use a pad conditioner when polishing. This will eliminate dry rub on paint as well as greatly reduce the chances of burning your paint.
Always spray your polishing pad, buffing pad or wool pad with Chemical Guys Pad Conditioner before polishing.
Always allow the polisher to do the work. Let the weight of the polisher be the only weight pushing down on your paint.
When you are done using a pad dilute your Chemical Guys PAD*CLEANER spray 1-3oz of product to 16oz of water and spray the used pad generously.
Once sprayed place the pad into a bucket filled with warm water. Agitate pad in water and rinse cleaner with warm water.
PAD*CLEANER can also be used with your favorite pad cleaner system.

ihaveacamaro
02-25-2013, 08:54 PM
CG informations:

Directions for clean pads:

Always use a pad conditioner when polishing. This will eliminate dry rub on paint as well as greatly reduce the chances of burning your paint.
Always spray your polishing pad, buffing pad or wool pad with Chemical Guys Pad Conditioner before polishing.
Always allow the polisher to do the work. Let the weight of the polisher be the only weight pushing down on your paint.
When you are done using a pad dilute your Chemical Guys PAD*CLEANER spray 1-3oz of product to 16oz of water and spray the used pad generously.
Once sprayed place the pad into a bucket filled with warm water. Agitate pad in water and rinse cleaner with warm water.
PAD*CLEANER can also be used with your favorite pad cleaner system.

Good post :props:

Hoytman
02-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi Devin,
How have you been, man? I was in my kitchen the other day and ran across the business card you gave me at Evansville.

One thing I recommend changing from the above posted directionsL
Agitating the pad by hand before placing in water, and then agitating again by hand once placed in water.

After I spray my pads with Dawn, or APC+, I don't wait to put them in water and then agitate them. Here's what I do and I've even been able to thoroughly remove Duragloss 501/601 from my pads.

I go to my sink and I apply Dawn concentrated dishwashing liquid to each pad I clean and then spread it around thoroughly...a liberal amount. As you spread it around it soaks into the pad, just like when priming a pad. I then wet the pad a bit and begin aggressively working my fingers and thumbs into the pad for a couple minutes each, then rinse. Seldom do I have to do this more than once and they come out real nice and clean.

On occassion I'll need to clean a pad twice. If I need to do this a second time I'll spray a little APC+ on the face of the pad, add some dishwashing liquid and start working it in, then rinse.

This total procedure has worked flawlessly for me and can turn white polishing pads back to their original new state of white. Some of the used polishing pads at Evansville that I got were cleaned and made as good as new.

You should be able to replicate a similar procedure using your chemical guys product. If it doesn't clean like you think it should, add a little more spray and then add some dishwashing liquid, work it in, then rinse with luke warm water.

I've also worked my products in by hand on each pad, and thrown my Meg's pads in the washer. They always come out looking like new. Zero issues with backing coming off. Lake Country pads have had a few backing issues, but they too come clean. I can fix the backings if I have to.

anarchy
02-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I guess I was thrown off because they shipped it with a spray nozzle and I assumed they wouldn't have one that with a concentrate. I usually spray mine and then run through the pad washer.

anarchy
02-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Glad to hear from ya again Bill. Hope alls well. Just waiting for the weather here to change.

2BlackChevys
02-25-2013, 11:08 PM
I dilute mine and then wash with grit guard pad washer and it works great. You can also use it to clean pad washer itself.

bmwgeek
02-25-2013, 11:51 PM
I pour some in the tub and fill with enough water to soak the pads then scrub them with a brush.

spence
02-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Since this stuff is fairly expensive especially when you take in the cost of shipping. I soak the pads in 1" of water face down for 20 minutes with no pad cleaner. The 1" is to keep the pads Velcro from soaking and separating. I have read that a lot of these polishes are water soluble, so I try to let the water do the work for me while I do other things. I take them out of the water apply a very small amount of pad cleaner (GG or BF) and work it with my fingers. Then rinse the pads out squeezing and un-squeezing the pads until they rinse clean. Pads seem to come clean with the minimum amount of work. In the past I have used Dawn and it cleans OK but there is more squeezing and rinsing to get the suds out. Has anybody tried Tides Free and Easy HF (low suds, no dyes or fragrances) for Pad Cleaning ?

Rmd
02-26-2013, 02:22 AM
I use the CG pad cleaner by diluting it about 1:2 product to water in the bottle and spraying pads with that mix as soon as I am done using each pad. Then i scrape the pad with a pad brush and put the pad face down in some water to keep polish from drying and caking. When done for the day I put a bit, maybe half ounce, of the full strength product in about a gallon of hot water, throw the pads in and brush/squish them for a bit to get all the polish or whatever out of the pads.
Works well, and doesn't use too much concentrate. It's not too expensive in the gallon size though.