PDA

View Full Version : Suffering from detailing withdrawal?

otruba_843
02-25-2013, 07:53 PM
So my car has had it pretty bad in the past 3 weeks. We have been getting a lot of rain in these weeks so I have gone 3 weeks without washing or anything detailing related. This past friday my car was backed into ruining the whole door. Not able to drive it up to the BMW collision center till Wednesday with the rain tomorrow, P.S. the door was bent open exposing the interior. My guess is it will be there for at least 2 weeks. They said a BMW door takes a long time to get in:( I must do something. I want to goto Advanced and pick up some new Griots Garage products they got in, but there is no point till I get my car back. Must detail :buffing: Got any suggestions? I already wiped all of the brake dust off of the wheels with a QD and a microfiber so while the car sits, it doesn't get into the CC.

Kaban
02-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Lol try living in the north where you cant detail for four-five months out of the year because of the salt and snow unless you have a heated garage with a drain which most people dont.

CM8 6MT
02-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Move to California, its basically detail weather year round ;)

Johny B
02-25-2013, 08:55 PM
lol try living in the north where you cant detail for four-five months out of the year because of the salt and snow unless you have a heated garage with a drain which most people dont.

lol!

BudsJLM
02-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Lol try living in the north where you cant detail for four-five months out of the year because of the salt and snow unless you have a heated garage with a drain which most people dont.

Quoted for truth!

I have been passifing my urge with some test panel, doing headlight correction, stuff i can do indoors

rustytruck
02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Last car I did was Dec 2nd then winter arrived. Now I'm just going stir crazy.

JAF06SE
02-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Last car I did was Dec 2nd then winter arrived. Now I'm just going stir crazy.

Agreed. I just stopped in O'Reilly's on my way home from work. They finally got in the Meg's Black Wax a couple days ago so picked that up along with some UPW and the Meg's heavy Duty Headlight Resto Kit. Gettin antsy to get somethin goin. Got two details lined up for the spring.