PDA

View Full Version : Complete newbie comments and questions

soonermike
05-10-2007, 04:52 AM
I just got a new car and I thought "by golly I'm gonna do this right!". I also have a couple of older (92 and 94) japanese luxury cars that I want to look better. I've been researching and researching and I love this website and forums :grouphug: because like all "okies" I appreciate hospitality and kindness.

First, I brought the Pinnacle souveran sizzling shine kit and wheel and tire kit and Klasse high gloss sealant.

Review - 1) I love MF! 2) the shampoo is great the only bad thing is it smells so good insects are attacted to it! 3) I was skeptical of the lotion at first but I used it on the 94 black Lexus ( pics soon ) and it made the paint go from hazy to glossy but of course didn't remove anything else but I didn't expect it to. 4) I topped the Lexus with souveran and parked it in the sun and all I have to say is my wife has approved the purchase of the PC and XMT line :awesome: Yippee! 5) I liked the brush and MF gloves

for the new car ( light met blue Honda Accord V-6 ) I washed and applied the Klasse sealant and I'm waiting to apply the souveran tomorrow. I can't wait but now I hear that SSII is better for light metallic cars. It's on sale so I'm gonna get that as well.

My questions are... since my other 2 cars are older what is the best a) interior stain remover for carpets b) leather cleaner c) wheel cleaner and I mean 15 years worth of brake dust wheel cleaner (not my doing!)

So far I'm thinking of Pinnacle Leather cleaner and Amazing roll off and I don't know what for the carpets.

Sorry this is so long but again I'm new... thanks in advance and again I love this place!

klumzypinoy
05-10-2007, 05:25 AM
I'm glad you thought of taking care of your cars the Autogeek way! You have great products right there. I have never used the Pinnacle line yet, but I am planning to get a tub of Signature Series II while it's on sale until the 21st of this month. I'm sorry but I can't really help you with your questions. I don't know what to do with 15 year old brake dust. I haven't attempted to spend time with my wheels and they have some very baked dust on them that have never came off yet. Hopefully members will chime in for your questions. Can't wait to see the pictures!

ScottB
05-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Carpets --- DP Interior Cleaner and Wolfgang Spot Remover

Leather --- Leathrique Rejuvinator and Protectant

Brake Dust --- Poorboys Spray and Rinse, then P21S Weekly/Monthly as needed

soonermike
05-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Thanks Killr!

tod071
05-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Carpets --- 303 Spot remover

Leather --- Lexol Conditioner and Cleaner

Brake Dust --- P21S Wheel Gel Cleaner (I have PB S&W, but never thought to use it on teh brake dust)

D
05-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Carpets (and AL other interior surfaces)- DP interior cleaner
Leather- 4* leather conditioner, there is better stuff out there, thats just what I use now. I just got my Pinnacle leather conditioner, so Im going to try that out next week.
Brake Dust- P21S wheel cleaner, then protect with DP wheel glaze or PB Wheel Sealant and just use regular soap to clean the wheels.