PDA

View Full Version : New Detailing Business

dctv411
02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
So I'm new to detailing, and I plan on using one step for right now, as I am young and don't plan on doing showcar till much later and I want to know what products should I buy, in a very detailed list. I also want to buy in like bulk gallons, such as like rightlook does, and meguiars detailer line. If anyone could recommened products I should buy from both of these companies, preferably meguiars, that would be fantastic.

cartman57
02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
AGO carries bulk in any flavor you need or want Get microfiber towels and car care products at bulk prices in our bulk section! (http://www.autogeek.net/buyitinbulk.html) any reason you want to stick with Megs?

thebamboo23
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Megs APC+
Megs tire & trim gel
Megs wash mitt
3 grit guards
3 5gal buckets
Daytona master speed brush
Daytona Jr speedbrush
Boars hair brush
D151
GG6/flex/Pc
5.5" LC pads
5" backing plate
Vacuum
Pinnacle glassworks kit
MF towels

rustytruck
02-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Get some training. There are a lot of "how to start an auto detailing business" type of training centers. They will train you and then be more than happy to sell you everything you need.

dctv411
02-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Get some training. There are a lot of "how to start an auto detailing business" type of training centers. They will train you and then be more than happy to sell you everything you need.

Any places you know of that are online, and cheaper? or good videos on youtube?

Pureshine
02-25-2013, 11:44 AM
+1 and make sure you get insurance if your doing other than friends cars. Home owners insurance doesn't cover customers cars and the last thing you need is to be paying for a $3k paint job. I would get Meguiars Mf pads,Menzerna FG400,SF4500 and foam pads.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Just a piece of advice.

You will learn so much more by looking into these products yourself and doing the research. Absolutely check out a detailing class or two, the hands on experience is priceless, plus you'll get to use products and equipment before you buy to get a better feel for what you want and works best.

Just start looking through the AG store and reading all you can. The product review is also a great place to start because you get multiple perspectives and advice.

Utilize the search function, you will find answers faster. If you don't find the information your looking for then is a great time to post your questions.

To practice your technique and test out products swing by a junk yard and get a hood or two and buff away. This is a great way to learn without damaging a vehicle.