PDA

View Full Version : Help on washing this gunk off paint? Included pics.

Mustapha
02-25-2013, 01:34 AM
I need help on how to wash the following two cars without marring the paint.

1) The first 2 pics are the lower panels of a silver car. I've used undiluted Zep Citrus, Simply Green, and OPC. Neither makes a difference with several minutes of dwell time, regardless of my wash media. I can only get a tiny piece off (~1mm) when it's dry by carefully scratching it off with my nail.

Is there a (chemically) faster and safer way to remove it? I'm not sure what it is. Concrete? :confused:

2) The remaining 2 pics are the back of my white daily driver. It has Opti-Guard/Coat 2.0. I'm not sure if I should wash it with a waterless wash (UWW+) or a traditional/rinseless wash. I read this post (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23602-how-dirty-too-dirty-safely-use-rinseless-wash.html) on 'How Dirty Is Too Dirty?' by Mike Phillips, but I'm still uncertain.

Some threads says UWW+ is like a quick detailer on steroids, and should only be used in between weekly/biweekly washes on cars with light dust. Others say that with proper technique and towels, it can mostly replace traditional washes. My daily driver in the last 2 pics has been driven in the rain for some days. It was last washed 2 weeks ago.