PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

Racer Vol
02-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty new to AGO and was wondering how many race fans are around? Happy to see JJ win the race and even happier that it sounds like the spectators injured yesterday are all going to be ok.

Overall the race today wasn't very exciting, but I think this new car will begin to shine next week with its increased downforce. Up until the last lap, the Nationwide race was extremely exciting. I am not a huge fan of the tandem drafting, but it is better to watch than a single file procession all day long. What does everyone else think?

Chris's FX4
02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Big racing fan here. I agree with you that the Nationwide race was more exciting than the 500 today. Anything would be better than the boring single file lines they had all day today. I hope these cars can actually race on shorter tracks, other wise it looks like they'll be boring on the super speedways based off of today.

It's still killing me though to see Kenseth behind a Toyota.:(

Racer Vol
02-24-2013, 09:23 PM
Big racing fan here. I agree with you that the Nationwide race was more exciting than the 500 today. Anything would be better than the boring single file lines they had all day today. I hope these cars can actually race on shorter tracks, other wise it looks like they'll be boring on the super speedways based off of today.

It's still killing me though to see Kenseth behind a Toyota.:(

I think they will be much better than they were today. The new car has a lot more downforce than the old car so it should not be as sensitive to the other cars around it. Plus they weigh 150# less which should help with the mechanical grip.

I'm not sure what to think about Kenseth either, it is weird to see him with Gibbs. The Toyotas didn't have a very good day today but he was strong before losing the engine.