PDA

View Full Version : A little something extra for the customer

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

akj
02-24-2013, 05:20 PM
OK so I read a book the other day and it had a tip that after u finish a car u could leave a little something in their car for them just a little extra "freebie" u could say.
The book said a note thanking them for using u with a chocolate for men and a flower for women.. ha a little to much if u ask me. Sounds more like a gift for the wife ha.
But I started thinking if u could find the right thing to leave in there that would b nice and could help maybe.
So my question is do any of u do anything like that?
What would be a cheap but nice thing to leave them with?

I really think the right thing could do a lot for your customers thought of how you value their business. So what could I do?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

spardavr4
02-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Leave them a nice note with your logo on it. Maybe a small discount for the next time they get a detail.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
02-24-2013, 05:37 PM
I just leave a couple business cards in the cup holder.

akj
02-24-2013, 05:55 PM
I thought considering the average customer doesn't know how much actually goes into a complete detail. I could leave a brief pamphlet on how much actually goes into it. Like there are actually 3 or 4 steps in restoring paint or removing swirls unlike most think that all u have to do is buff it with some wax.

07gtcs
02-24-2013, 06:15 PM
This place I take my car for repair, leaves a not and a bag of Microwave popcorn with their name and logo on it.

CM8 6MT
02-24-2013, 06:42 PM
The book said a note thanking them for using u with a chocolate for men and a flower for women.. ha a little to much if u ask me. Sounds more like a gift for the wife ha.
But I started thinking if u could find the right thing to leave in there that would b nice and could help maybe.
So my question is do any of u do anything like that?
What would be a cheap but nice thing to leave them with?

LoL a chocolate for men & a flower for women? What the heck is this dating? I havent read this book and with all respect those are pretty tacky ideas.

Here in Cali, that chocolate would melt in the car before the driver even got home. Hows a chocolate supposed to represent what your business is about?

Second, the flower. Where im from, you give a flower to a taken woman and your asking for problems. Also, giving one to a single lady customer could give them the wrong impression.

Chocolates & flowers? What is this high school?

I dont have as many customers as some of you, Im very busy as is and do detailing on the side for select clients. However what I throw in as a freebie for every detail is a Luxury Japaneese air freshner from Eikosha, their CS-X3 line. I carry a wide range of other lines direct from Japan, but by far these are the best smelling & most popular.

They retail at $12.99 for a holder & cartridge, but I get them for $5. Im spending $5 dollars, and getting a customer that appreciates the gift for his car, and will keep coming back to me for refills (they last 1 month). That alone is enough reason to give him/her reason to give me more business.

Doesnt have to be this line of air freshners, but something thats similar or relating to their car would be a better fit IMO.
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/Diabolic/AV6/CS-X3.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/Diabolic/image_zps39b42ca1.jpg

akj
02-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Yea I thought the same thing when I read it.. I'm not trying to date my customers. Ha.
Where did u get those for $5? That's a good deal.

CM8 6MT
02-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Yea I thought the same thing when I read it.. I'm not trying to date my customers. Ha.
Where did u get those for $5? That's a good deal.

I deal directly with the vendor. I'll sometimes go to places like Big Lots that have clearances on decent detail products and give those out.

Again, my client base is very small scale and not sure how cost effective that would be for you full time guys.

ihaveacamaro
02-24-2013, 07:03 PM
They retail at $12.99 for a holder & cartridge, but I get them for $5. Im spending $5 dollars, and getting a customer that appreciates the gift for his car, and will keep coming back to me for refills (they last 1 month). That alone is enough reason to give him/her reason to give me more business.

Doesnt have to be this line of air freshners, but something thats similar or relating to their car would be a better fit IMO.
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/Diabolic/AV6/CS-X3.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/Diabolic/image_zps39b42ca1.jpg

I tried three of those and bought them on separate occasions... all of mine failed within 2 weeks. They are supposedly supposed to last 1-2 months :dunno:

ScottB
02-24-2013, 07:06 PM
I would not offer anything that could melt and damage interior ...

CM8 6MT
02-24-2013, 07:20 PM
I tried three of those and bought them on separate occasions... all of mine failed within 2 weeks. They are supposedly supposed to last 1-2 months :dunno:

Be aware, MANY vendors sell counterfeit ones. Ebay is infested with counterfeits. Theres many ways to tell if they are legit, you can PM me for this. They last approximately 1 month and smells amazing. Also many vendors buy in massive quantities that when you end up buying some, they are usually really old stock.

sharpreflection
02-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Sometimes I will throw in a few complimentary microfibers.

CM8 6MT
02-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Sometimes I will throw in a few complimentary microfibers.

Wow thats a really neat idea. Do you throw in some really nice ones like Cobra's, Chemical Guys or some standard OTC ones?

sharpreflection
02-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Wow thats a really neat idea. Do you throw in some really nice ones like Cobra's, Chemical Guys or some standard OTC ones?
A couple of times but for most people its a couple of Eurow microfibers. New clients sometimes do now know what products to use and think any towel is fine. After I give them some suggestions on how to maintain it, its a nice way to also say thanks.

Racer Vol
02-24-2013, 08:18 PM
A couple of times but for most people its a couple of Eurow microfibers. New clients sometimes do now know what products to use and think any towel is fine. After I give them some suggestions on how to maintain it, its a nice way to also say thanks.

Could pair that with a sample size QD for dealing with birds, touch ups, etc.