PDA

View Full Version : Interior dressing or sealant w/o greasy feel?

Pages : [1] 2

2BlackChevys
02-24-2013, 05:04 PM
I am looking for something new to use on the dash and interior plastics in my 2 Chevys that doesn't have a greasy feel afterwards. Shiney finish or matte/OEM finish is ok. What do you recommend? Where can I get it?

PA DETAILER
02-24-2013, 05:07 PM
i like DETAILERS PRO interior protectant. sold here. been using it for some time now. never greasy or over shiney.

DP Interior Surface Protectant is a multi-surface shield for your vehicle’s interior. In addition to protectants, DP Interior Surface Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/dp380.html)

cartman57
02-24-2013, 05:11 PM
303 Aerospace Protectant 16 oz (http://www.autogeek.net/16oz.html)

Use it on black dashboards, doesn't leave a greasy feeling at all, it's the only one I've used so far, no more armor fall.
I'm sure others will offer opinions too.

VroomVroom
02-24-2013, 05:15 PM
What are you currently using? 303, Poorboys, 1Z....all good stuff. I ask because, no matter the product, it's very easy to use too much. Even then, it's worth a final buff with a new towel.

GS2011
02-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant - Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-cockpit-trim-sealant.html)
:xyxthumbs:

swanicyouth
02-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Here's another answer for you: Ultimate Interior Guard Plus (sealant) or Eco Touch Dash Protectant. With both these products its hard to tell anything is on the surface. It just looks clean and new. The former will last longer, the later is made with mostly natural ingredients.

Where to find them? Here, at AutoGeek!

Jrocket
02-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Here's another answer for you: Ultimate Interior Guard Plus (sealant) or Eco Touch Dash Protectant. With both these products its hard to tell anything is on the surface. It just looks clean and new. The former will last longer, the later is made with mostly natural ingredients.

Where to find them? Here, at AutoGeek!

Both Excellent Choices!

My vote is one of these two products.

I also highly recommend 1Z Premium cockpit :xyxthumbs:

Colinpd137
02-24-2013, 05:27 PM
Blackfire Interior Protectant works good for me; all water based and bonds very quickly, lasts quite a while, no greasy feeling, and has a matte like finish.

2BlackChevys
02-24-2013, 05:34 PM
I was just using armor all before or just cleaning it with a damp microfiber and wiping it dry. I haven't really tried any specialty products yet. I have to place an order soon so I was going to try something new!

jgibson2980
02-24-2013, 05:45 PM

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

cleanmycorolla
02-24-2013, 05:46 PM
CG Inner Clean or

Wolfgang Cockpit Sealant

Those would be my vote!

T_velar
02-24-2013, 05:48 PM
Have a bottle of UIPP coming tomorrow! Cant wait to try it! I have been using meguiars supreme shine and ultimate protectant and both work well, but dust settles very very easily. The supreme shine is also slightly greasy feeling.

The biggest thing i am trying to combat is how easily it gets wiped off from people touching it. I am using these products in an ambulance, and people LOVE resting their nasty dirty boots on the dashboard which drives me absolutely insane. With the supreme shine, the boots wipe the product off making it look like it is streaking. Im hoping the UIPP will make it look good and resist removal a little bit more.

Rayaz
02-24-2013, 05:54 PM
+1 for Ultima Interior Guard. Make sure to wipe down with a good all purpose cleaner first to get all the old stuff and crud off first. Two coats makes it shine, one with a microfiber wipe about 5 minutes later gives a nice factory sheen. Works well on leather too. I use it on steering wheel covers because it is not greasy.

2BlackChevys
02-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys!

Qusai
02-24-2013, 06:53 PM
So has anybody ever used a sealant for their interior? Or an lsp that is made for paint on a car?