PDA

View Full Version : Glazes...

KJW Detailing
05-09-2007, 10:59 PM
So i need to order a glaze...mainly for my car but possibly for other poeples cars too...

i was reading about the XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze and it sounds pretty nice...but what do you guys think?

What type of glaze would you suggest i get?

budman3
05-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Try a search. There have been many threads about glazes over the last few days ... and even hours...

I have not used a 'glaze' before but I haven't heard many good things at all about the XMT glaze...

KJW Detailing
05-09-2007, 11:11 PM
ok well i'll stay away from that haha

scottgt
05-09-2007, 11:47 PM
i like the xmt glaze alot..but i havnt been using glaze that much

D
05-09-2007, 11:56 PM
360 has replaced glaze for me, at least for now.

supercharged
05-10-2007, 12:08 AM
So i need to order a glaze...mainly for my car but possibly for other poeples cars too...

i was reading about the XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze and it sounds pretty nice...but what do you guys think?

What type of glaze would you suggest i get?
XMT is nice, but is for dark colors only. For lights you might wanna look at CK RMG, or CG EZ-creame.

Surfer
05-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Yeh I didn't like XMT Glaze, sorry AG :(, but others do so.....

RMG and CG EZ-Creme IMO both excell over it on lights and darks easily, I have all 3.

RallyMSP
05-10-2007, 12:16 AM
I went with Menzerna FTG, should get it by tomorrow, I'll let you know how it is. Wonder if these glazes will work on clearcoated wheels? or do you really need the more specific wheel glaze.

D
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Well the specific wheel glaze will be able to handle the temperatures the wheels see. Waxes and glazes made for paint wont be able to handle that heat.

Jimmie
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Many of us were frustrated with XMT Glaze at first because it would soak into our buffer pad and dissappear. Someone immediately posted that they started applying it directly on the paint and it worked well. Do that and use plenty of glaze and it's great IMO. It's on my wife's car and I baby that one more than any.

orngez
05-10-2007, 12:25 AM
glazes, as many people will agree, are an optional step in detailing...if you have already machine polished and done the job properly a glaze is really not necessary...but if you want to hide minor spiderwebbing and swirls glazes are the way to go (i use them if i just want the car to look swirl free until i can get to polishing it)...i havent used xmt glaze...but honestly havent heard raving reviews about it...the most popular ones out their are probably clearkote red machine glaze and cg ez creme glaze like surfer stated...i just used the wet mirror finish by cg and it was good at giving great wetness to the paint and amped up the sealants i used...but i think most sealants and carnaubas would look almost the same without it...it has no filling or cleaning capabilities (or at least very little) and those are not properties most people look for in a glaze...i find clearkote rmg to be a clear winner in the glaze category as it does a very good job of instantly filling spiderwebbing and minor swirls....leaves a great wet look to the paint as well...

bambo2888
05-10-2007, 12:43 AM
XMT is ok, it has carnuaba in it, which means no sealant afterwards. go with WG finishing glaze so you can seal and wax.

KJW Detailing
05-10-2007, 10:15 AM
i was suggested a mixture of two products but AG doesn't carry them so i have no idea where to get them...