PDA

View Full Version : difference between Cquartz and Cquartz UK edition

c5errr
02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
hello there

im about to buy the cquartz cuz im sick of cats scratching and marring my car with their tiny dirty legs

and i read at the site that the UK edition is meant for winter weather but we barely have any winter around here

its always hot
and sometimes extremely hot

so what do u recommend
Cquartz original
Cquartz UK edition plus this one has reload as an offer so i dont wanna miss that

one more question
is it legal to be shipped by air ? this and carpro eraser?

thanks

Success
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
CQ UK is easier to apply, thinner, lasts about a year, can apply in much colder weather

CQ still easy to apply but apply a little thinner than uk, lasts 2 years, a little thicker, not cold tolerant for application

BlackHawk
04-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Could anyone else chime in on this subject? im about to make a purchase and i too would like to know if there are any major differences :/

Avi@CarPro
04-30-2013, 08:56 AM
i think the answer above cover it all basically
if you have any specific question you can send me PM and ill answer you

Avi

bcwang
07-07-2013, 02:37 AM
So from that response from "Success" would it be correct to say the original Cquartz is better to use if you have the right conditions to apply it? Once applied correctly, it is more durable whether cold or hot conditions it has to go through?

The way I read some of the marketing of it (Autogeek product page) is that the UK edition is actually more resistant to conditions dealt with from cold weather. I'm not sure now which one is better.

"Cquartz UK Edition 30 ml. Kit w/ Reload
A special edition Cquartz formulated for cold temperature environments!

Cquartz UK Edition is a specially formulated version of the world-renowned Cquartz Ceramic Paint Protection. Cquartz UK Edition is based on the same technology in the regular Cquartz but it was modified to withstand harsh winter environments where the temperature, road salt, and chemicals used on the road are more destructive to your paint protection."

Dr Oldz
07-07-2013, 03:16 AM
CQ UK is easier to apply, thinner, lasts about a year, can apply in much colder weather

CQ still easy to apply but apply a little thinner than uk, lasts 2 years, a little thicker, not cold tolerant for application
Thinner, thicker??? What one? Make up my mind!!

i think the answer above cover it all basically
if you have any specific question you can send me PM and ill answer you

Avi

Really that answers it??

Anywho!! Go with UK!! It rocks, and is ultra durable! That's my choice everytime! ;)

Lost Highway
07-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Raven, who posts under that moniker on several forums, is from Northern Australia and he seems to much prefer regular CQ to CQ UK for ease of application. Several of the coatings, not limited to CarPro products, flash too quickly in his climate unless the person applying is followed immediately by a second person buffing. I don't think he is active on this forum but he is on DW.
Another factor that may distinguish Northern Australia from Bahrain is that Northern Australia is very humid. I think Bahrain is drier despite being islands.
You could also you try the man who posts as Maxi-Milan on DW for advice although he seems to be more into waxes than coatings.