PDA

View Full Version : New Honda Fit

SATracker
02-23-2013, 10:00 PM
My wife bought a 2013, Blue-Raspberry Honda Fit Sport, has maybe 20 miles on it. My plan is to wash, clay, maybe a finishing polish (I need to look more closely) Opti-Coat 2.0. Should I do a diluted alcohol (according to Mike Phillips' article) wipe down before I apply the Opti-Coat or are washing, claying, polishing enough? Thoughts?

runrun411
02-23-2013, 10:06 PM
No clay. Not needed. Maybe polish, sealant, wax and your done.

steeda
02-23-2013, 10:15 PM

I would have to disagree. Those cars come in from a rail car and will be loaded with tons of iron contaminates. I would absolutely clay.

runrun411
02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
I would have to disagree. Those cars come in from a rail car and will be loaded with tons of iron contaminates. I would absolutely clay.

Wow, I really didn't think of that. You're so right. But I'd recommend the bag test first.

weeecho
02-23-2013, 10:37 PM
i did a hyundai today and the car is brand new and i did the bag test first and don´t feel any diference with it, then i did a test spot with autoscrub and the same again.

i only applied a menzerna power lock

Klasse Act
02-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Congvrats on the Fit, I had a 2010 Fit sport in Revolution Orange and it was a great little car but I traded it in for my CRZ due to the fact it was killing me not having a stick, other than that, no problems in 33K of driving!

I do suggest that you get yourself some Lamin-X overlays for the fogs ASAP, its only a matter of time before you get a cracked foglight, mine did as well as my CRZ.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Marc Hufnagel
02-23-2013, 11:38 PM

oh really? Iron-x might be nicer than shearing off the particles off at the surface. Iron-x then clay.

Johny B
02-23-2013, 11:43 PM

Well said.

ski2
02-24-2013, 08:29 AM
My wife bought a 2013, Blue-Raspberry Honda Fit Sport, has maybe 20 miles on it. My plan is to wash, clay, maybe a finishing polish (I need to look more closely) Opti-Coat 2.0. Should I do a diluted alcohol (according to Mike Phillips' article) wipe down before I apply the Opti-Coat or are washing, claying, polishing enough? Thoughts?

If you use an Optimum polish then all you need do is wipe down with a damp MF, but if you use any other brand of polish you need to do an IPA wipe down. If you have questions regard OptiCoat and it's application I'd recommend posting on the Optimum Forum to get the quickest response from Chris at Optimum

ShinyRex
02-24-2013, 09:19 AM
we have an 09 and I haven't had a cracked foglight but my regular lights are starting to show clear coat failure. whatever they put on them is strong but the lights are huge and take a beating so I say lamin x both fog and main lights.

Jrocket
02-24-2013, 12:51 PM
As others have already stated!

I would completely encourage and agree.

Wash, dry, Iron X , Heavy rinse or wash again, dry, clay and then do what is necessary, polish if needed if not move on to LSP :props:

SATracker
03-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm almost done with the Fit. (Because of my regular job schedule I detailed the Fit in sections.) The Iron X suggestion? Incredible! I mean, wow!! I washed the Fit with ONR, used Iron X, washed thoroughly, clayed, used Optimum Finish polish, alcohol wipe down, OptiCoat 2.0. The next day I wiped down with Pinnacle Souveran Spray wax and the results are phenomenal!! I'll post pics later, but they don't do it justice. It's the feel of the car. Ron, over at AutoConcours, said I could use Opticoat on the wheels. That's my job this coming week. Oh yeah, and I purchased all the products at AutoGeek, the products arrived on time, well packaged, in great shape- producing fantastic results. Thanks Meghan & the staff at AutoGeek.

SATracker
03-16-2013, 04:43 PM
16393 At the dealership 16394 The products to be used 16395 Iron X working
16396 Virutally clean clay