PDA

View Full Version : LC Flat Finishing vs. Finessing and Optimum Finish Polish Q's

WRXINXS
02-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Is there any reason to have the LC Flat blue Finessing pads on hand or is the black Finishing as soft as I would ever need? I already have some red ccs pads that I apply wax with.

As a follow up, I have a black Subaru w/ super soft paint. I have it fully corrected except for micromarring and towel marks from removing polish residue and IPA wipedown. I am going to correct those with Optimum Finish Polish which will take care of the micromarring (Also I have my polish residue removal process fixed so I will not micromarr again). I was wondering if I should apply the Optimum Finish Polish with the Finishing or Finessing pad being that the paint is so soft I'm not quite sure?

BTW anyone know what speed and number of passes to make to remove micromarring. I have a PCXP.

Drew

Chris Thomas
02-25-2013, 06:43 PM
You're about to endure a test of patience. Use the softest pad you have and don't work Finish till it's dry (remove it while it's still a little wet). Long nap super soft MF to remove.

Richard Lin of Show Car Detailing may have some advice for you. I just helped him with an Opti Coat Pro install on the same paint. Just applying the coating was inducing marring.

WRXINXS
02-25-2013, 06:48 PM
You're about to endure a test of patience. Use the softest pad you have and don't work Finish till it's dry (remove it while it's still a little wet). Long nap super soft MF to remove.

Richard Lin of Show Car Detailing may have some advice for you. I just helped him with an Opti Coat Pro install on the same paint. Just applying the coating was inducing marring.

Would you go as soft as red ccs wax pads? Also I know speed 3-4 on PC but how many passes would you recommend? BTW thanks Chris!