PDA

View Full Version : Just what I need...

Pages : [1] 2

otruba_843
02-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Hey guys I know this is not detailing related, well it sorta is, but I really just need to vent. My car got backed into yesterday by this old, but not really old woman. She was with her son and for some reason he was doing all of the talking and she did not even say a word to me. When the police came, she sat in the car the whole time and did not talk to the officer. I think drinking might have been involved because she was just acting weird. Even though the guy knocked on the door to see who owned the BMW, he was still a weird jerk. He had a Sea-Sheppard hat on from Whale Wars, don't get me wrong Im for what they are doing, but they have no idea how to captain a ship and violate so many Maritime laws. Then he said they was in a hurry to goto chick-fil-a and said since we exchanged information he was going to go. I said you are waiting here until the officer leaves, then he got into an argument about how they can still go and if the officer needs them he can call him back. I said you should stay here then he said you don't need to go on a "power trip" with me. I was already mad enough at him and this really pissed me off then I raised my voice. He said his mother could not see my car because its "too dark". How hard is it to see a freaking dark car in broad daylight? I know it certainly is easier to see then a light colored car. This would be different at night, but in broad daylight? Sorry guys, Im just so angry at these idiots, this car is my baby.

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j426/Jamison1996/IMG_1427.jpg

VroomVroom
02-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Just ouch. Sorry to hear about this. So, how did it end - did they wait for the Police, or did they take off? I'm curious how this was investigated, only because we had a similar situation a few years back, and the officers were pretty aggressive in catching up with the fellow...who as it turns out, was ridiculously drunk.

Good luck with everything. I know how stressful this is, and hopefully their (or yours, depending on protocol) insurance company will take good care of you.

WAXOFF
02-23-2013, 11:17 AM
That's about 2500.00 . You need a new door. Did it damage the 1/4 panel?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Wow that is incredible. I mean what a story. She claims she couldnt see it because it was to dark? What an excuse.

chris.ganucheau
02-23-2013, 11:40 AM
That sucks man, happened to me about 2 weeks ago. except the person that hit mine drove off.

rms64
02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
"Too dark" where her head was maybe...

That really stinks - hopefully all will work out but can't blame you for venting. Not sure I'd have been so polite.:argue:

otruba_843
02-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Just ouch. Sorry to hear about this. So, how did it end - did they wait for the Police, or did they take off? I'm curious how this was investigated, only because we had a similar situation a few years back, and the officers were pretty aggressive in catching up with the fellow...who as it turns out, was ridiculously drunk.

Good luck with everything. I know how stressful this is, and hopefully their (or yours, depending on protocol) insurance company will take good care of you.

They did end up staying. The officer I got this time was much better and was not the one I got last time someone hit my door about a year ago who is on traffic duty at the local school every morning. The weird thing is, looking at the accident report, she is from Florida with Oklahoma plates and was here in South Carolina. Its weird.

CM8 6MT
02-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Aw man thats unfortunate. It sucks how we go the extra mile to take care of our cars and keep them looking great, only to have some bimbo wreck them.

tchoke
02-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Man that sucks... hopefully insurance takes care of it properly

Sent from my Nexus S using AG Online

Bill1234
02-23-2013, 05:02 PM
The mom is guilty, that is a lame excuse that she could not see it. You cant see a car if you did not look behind you. Second of all I dont know how much that is going to cost but wow did she do alot of damage

PA DETAILER
02-23-2013, 05:06 PM
ouch. what a careless act, let alone giving you attitude. hope you get it fixed right!

swanicyouth
02-23-2013, 05:26 PM
If she can't see the car she shouldn't be driving. What's next? She can't see a person because they are "too dark", "too short", "too thin"??? Give me a break. They hit your car, they should be apologizing left and right.

I don't know what's wrong with people anymore.

I had an old guy hit my car at a convenience store one time who I think may have been drunk. It was about 10 years ago. I was inside the store. He took off. Luckily someone saw it and called the cops and the caught him and brought him back.

He said he didn't know he hit a car. ###? The cop was pressuring me to drop the "leaving the scene of the accident". So, I did.

Now, I'd be crying on the ground claiming post traumatic stress and saying I got whiplash from turning my head so fast when the accident occurred while asking for "my lawyer".

Just saying, don't let these people push you around.

otruba_843
02-23-2013, 06:24 PM
That's about 2500.00 . You need a new door. Did it damage the 1/4 panel?
No the quarter panel is fine thank god, but all of the glass on that door shattered. Luckily I have tint on all of the windows so it kept that window from shattering into the car, its still held together right now.

If she can't see the car she shouldn't be driving. What's next? She can't see a person because they are "too dark", "too short", "too thin"??? Give me a break. They hit your car, they should be apologizing left and right.

I had an old guy hit my car at a convenience store one time who I think may have been drunk. It was about 10 years ago. I was inside the store. He took off. Luckily someone saw it and called the cops and the caught him and brought him back.

He said he didn't know he hit a car. ###? The cop was pressuring me to drop the "leaving the scene of the accident". So, I did.

Now, I'd be crying on the ground claiming post traumatic stress and saying I got whiplash from turning my head so fast when the accident occurred while asking for "my lawyer".

Believe me, I didn't let them. I gave them a piece of my mind and thats where he made the snarky "you don't need to go on a power trip" comment. This angered me even more. He tried to take advantage of me just because I am a lot younger than he was

otruba_843
02-23-2013, 06:26 PM
ouch. what a careless act, let alone giving you attitude. hope you get it fixed right!

Im going to the same BMW certified collision center right next to the dealer where I got the driver door repainted when a girl hit the edge of it and rubbed a tad of paint off. The color match was spot on, you cannot even tell in the picture or in the sun.

Johny B
02-23-2013, 08:16 PM

:iagree: