PDA

View Full Version : Production detailers you need a tornador!!!

Pages : [1] 2

PERFECTIONPLUS
02-23-2013, 09:42 AM
I recently bought a tornador classic from AG for my shop . I am a production detailer , by that i mean i work on mid level vehicles and dealer vehicles all day long. I employ one other detailer and a helper that works part time. Before the tornador we would do an average of 3 cars a days( depending on the vehicles condition) . In the month since i got it we have averaged at least 4 a day !!! It has really made cleaning interiors much quicker and eliminates alot of steps in the detail process. As an example while your cleaning out the crevices and cracks on the interior panels , you can also do the headliner and prep the carpets for cleaning in just one simple step !!! And with half the product !!! The biggest thing i believe has helped us with our production is the application of dressing to the interior, instead of spraying it on and blowing and wiping which used to take about 30-45 minutes we now use the tornador and spray out all the panels ,compartments etc and let the dressing sit while we work on the carpets . Its like painting the dressing on !!! Cut our time down on that by at least 20 minutes per vehicle!!! I am about to order a second one just so i dont have to wait to use it anymore!!!! Lets do some quick math here if my shop produces one more car a day and we charge 100.00 (just to keep the math simple) for that car x 22 working days a month that equals 2200.00 gross profit extra per month x 12 months in a year (im not japanese but i know its a big number) :laughing: Yeah i'd say the tornador paid for itself!!!

Disclaimer : Results may vary due to experience or lack there of, motivation , willingess to adapt , and overall heart.

Mike Burke
02-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Interesting.....what cleaners & dressings are you using ?

I have just got a Black one. Haven't used it much but am kind of hesitant to use it around the dash area for fear of getting liquid/ cleaner in the electronics.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AG Online

Pureshine
02-23-2013, 10:52 AM
The only thing I would say is not to use it on the head liner! The head liner is only clued on and if you agitate the clue it can come loose. Then it could cost you $$ and is a pain to fix.
Todd

Anthony@zerboautoworks
02-23-2013, 11:27 AM
I have the black and I stay away from dashboards, everything else is hit with the tornador.

VP Mark
02-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Totally agree. Tornador is an amazing tool in the right hands. Takes some practice to really make it suitable for everyday detailing though. I only use mine on heavily soiled vehicles, however.

PERFECTIONPLUS
02-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Interesting.....what cleaners & dressings are you using ?

I have just got a Black one. Haven't used it much but am kind of hesitant to use it around the dash area for fear of getting liquid/ cleaner in the electronics.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AG Online

I use mostly malco products , just standard apc and dressings. We are careful around the electronic area on the dash in fact we clean those by hand with brushes.

PERFECTIONPLUS
02-23-2013, 08:48 PM
The only thing I would say is not to use it on the head liner! The head liner is only clued on and if you agitate the clue it can come loose. Then it could cost you $$ and is a pain to fix.

Todd

I usually just stay about 8-10 inches away from the head liner and havent had a problem yet.

PERFECTIONPLUS
02-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Is the tornador black really a big step up from the classic version? Also wheres the best deal on one?

PERFECTIONPLUS
02-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Totally agree. Tornador is an amazing tool in the right hands. Takes some practice to really make it suitable for everyday detailing though. I only use mine on heavily soiled vehicles, however.

I agree totally with you, it does take practice to apply in to every day detailing. it took me about five cars to really get the hang of it and figure out its strengths and weaknesses and where to use and where to avoid .

ElGaby
02-28-2013, 07:58 AM
What is the best cleaner for the tornador? Megs APC? Tornador enzymes?

BucboyInPa
02-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Sounds interesting,I might look into one of these.Anymore info or maybe a video?

tuscarora dave
02-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Barry Theal loaned me one of his Tornador Blacks for a week to try out. I tried it on interior and some exterior stuff too. It was a pretty neat tool that did cut some time but while using it I was thinking about all the vapor it was kicking up into the air in the shop. At one point it got so bad I had to walk outside to allow the shop to air out. I had the overhead door open and my air circulator running the entire time I was using it.

When I walked outside I could see that the cloud of APC vapor had traveled across my lot and about a half a block up the road. I wouldn't want to be breathing that vapor on a regular basis or be responsible for a helper breathing that stuff on a regular basis. I also thought about how that vapor cloud would effect the stock vehicles on our lot as it travels over them. I could only imagine that an APC vapor settling on the stock vehicles car after car and day after day couldn't be good for the finish.

I had to take a pass on the Tornador Black.

Does the original Tornador kick up so much vapor, or can someone comment on a technique to get around this issue with the Tornador Black?

Feed back please

HeavyD
02-28-2013, 09:59 AM
I use the Original and Black version. Dave, yes to a degree the kick up of vapors are the same. I honestly never thought of this. I use 1Z Cockpit Premium in one and 1Z W99 in the other for dirtier jobs. The smell of these chemicals are very mild,BUT, you guys should use a mask when in close quarters with any fumes. It may be slightly inconvienient but a 3M half mask is pretty comfortable for the short time it takes to dust an interior with a Tornador. And yes,IMO the Black is a big jump up from the original. I have had my original for many years,due do how it functions I have had to replace inner flow tube and exterior cones. The Black version is built differently,would never require replacements I needed on the original. For anybody looking to purchase a Tornador,IMO,jump right to the Black version. I dont even know why the original is still sold? LOL

TrolleyVW
09-21-2014, 08:55 PM
I.... Lets do some quick math here if my shop produces one more car a day and we charge 100.00 (just to keep the math simple) for that car x 22 working days a month that equals 2200.00 gross profit extra per month x 12 months in a year (im not japanese but i know its a big number) :laughing: Yeah i'd say the tornador paid for itself!!!

Disclaimer : Results may vary due to experience or lack there of, motivation , willingess to adapt , and overall heart.

Not to bring up this old thread for no reason but what does "I'm not Japanese but I know it's a big number" have to do with anything?

Oh, and I was searching an issue I'm having with my tornador and this came up

Natron
09-21-2014, 09:15 PM
I had to pass on it also. As I watched the two team members cleaning the interior, the cabin was filled with the mist. Even though it does speed up some of the processes, I couldn't get comfortable with my men breathing that much of the stuff. Also, if you don't have one for each man, saved time will be lost to waiting for or looking for the machine. Nathan