PDA

View Full Version : My Poor car

Pages : [1] 2 3

EddieF
02-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Sunday night I decided to park outside of my gate that leads to my driveway. I do this all the time and no problems. Well, Monday around 6am, some guy going to work, fell asleep and hit my car. This car has taken a beating!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Wow sorry to hear. That is horrible.

Was sleep the only contributing factor or was there more involved?

WAXOFF
02-23-2013, 11:36 AM
What year and model. Might be totaled. It looks like it may need a new trunk floor.

HellaBroke
02-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Probably not totaled, even though if your anything like me a rebuilt car never acts the same as the original you will probably wish it was totaled.. sorry this makes for a super crappy start to your weekend... :(

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online

BobbyG
02-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Holly Smokes!!

Sorry your car was demolished!! :wow:

Everybody's car's getting hit here, what the heck's going on!! :confused:

Taking a shot like I see on that rear quarter probably transferred up the drivers side. The rear door is probably pinned shut and possibly the door pillar shifted. I'm sure the rear frame rail is bent and the trunk looks damaged....

I'm interested to hear the estimates if it's not totaled... looks like a 2004 or 2005

EddieF
02-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Thanks everyone. There was no faul play on the guys behalf. He stayed around and called the cops, he left with a tcket. Its an 05 camry with 133,000 on it, as soon as I saw it, i said "new car time!!" Wrong, geico sad 6,000 in damage's and thats 60% of what the car is worth. The adjuster said the damage has to be 75% of what the car is worth. Every site I go to online tells me its worth around 6500, geico said its worth between 10&11,000. I lke the car, but if it drive just a little different, i'm puttinf a forsale sign on it. I'll keep everyone updated.

BobbyG
02-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Keep your eye on it because this repair will likely run higher due to damage uncovered by the body shop not seen by the adjuster. I would suspect this will run close to $9,000 done correctly and DO NOT use their recommended shop...

Have someone from an independent shop give you an estimate...:props:

EddieF
02-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Keep your eye on it because this repair will likely run higher due to damage uncovered by the body shop not seen by the adjuster. I would suspect this will run close to $9,000 done correctly and DO NOT use their recommended shop...

Have someone from an independent shop give you an estimate...:props:

I realized that a couple of days ago. I did use there recommended shop and 2 days after it was their, I remembered I have a guy in queens, who would have totaled it in a heart beat. I'm supposed to be picking it up sometime next week. I keep checking my claim online and the price hasnt changed yet. I do like the car and have had no problems at all with it, but its time for something else.

WAXOFF
02-24-2013, 08:18 AM
If geico is so smart then they should buy the car off of you and fix it and then sell it for 11,000. These insurance companies crack me up. Go to a local car dealer and ask them to look up the auction report on that car. It's worth what the dealer would buy it for at the auction. If Geico would buy all the wrecked car up that they say are worth all this money they could make a profit and your rates should go down. I don't see that happening.

TH3M B0N3Z
02-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Man, that sucks. At least the guy had the decency to stop and call the police. Some a$$holes just drive on by and leave it to be all your problem. Hopefully it gets fixed up alright.

EddieF
02-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Man, that sucks. At least the guy had the decency to stop and call the police. Some a$ just drive on by and leave it to be all your problem. Hopefully it gets fixed up alright.

You're right about him sticking around. In my area, there is a ton of illegals and they dont stick around for anything! If the car isnt rght, i'm gonna slap a for sale sign on it and hope one of them buy it. LOL

EddieF
02-24-2013, 08:36 AM
If geico is so smart then they should buy the car off of you and fix it and then sell it for 11,000. These insurance companies crack me up. Go to a local car dealer and ask them to look up the auction report on that car. It's worth what the dealer would buy it for at the auction. If Geico would buy all the wrecked car up that they say are worth all this money they could make a profit and your rates should go down. I don't see that happening.

I hear ya, all I wanted to hear was, "its totaled". Just my luck.

BobbyG
02-24-2013, 08:38 AM
You're right about him sticking around. In my area, there is a ton of illegals and they dont stick around for anything! If the car isnt rght, i'm gonna slap a for sale sign on it and hope one of them buy it. LOL

Can you open and shut the drivers door, how about the other doors?

Can you take several photo's and post them here?

EddieF
02-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Can you open and shut the drivers door, how about the other doors?

Can you take several photo's and post them here?

When I was getting some of my crap out, I did open both doors and there wasnt any problems. I dont have any other pictures, except for debris flung everywhere. I think it looks a lot worse than it is. Last year I had an 18 wheeler run over the front and there was only 1500 in damage. Those cars can take a beating. When I do get the car back, i'm gonna be picky as hell with the adjuster.

TH3M B0N3Z
02-24-2013, 08:24 PM
When I was getting some of my crap out, I did open both doors and there wasnt any problems. I dont have any other pictures, except for debris flung everywhere. I think it looks a lot worse than it is. Last year I had an 18 wheeler run over the front and there was only 1500 in damage. Those cars can take a beating. When I do get the car back, i'm gonna be picky as hell with the adjuster.

That's a Toyota for ya. :)

Avalon or Camry?