PDA

View Full Version : Pad werks Pad Cleaner and Extender

WRXINXS
02-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know if this product actually does anything that will really extend the life and condition the pad like it says? I really dont know if I should buy the Pad Cleaner and they use this after the cleaner has done most of the work?

Usually I just use a straight cleaner and spray some XMT pad conditioner on the face of the pad after I have cleaned it and rub it into the pad while it is drying?

WRAPT C5Z06
02-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Usually I just use a straight cleaner and spray some XMT pad conditioner on the face of the pad after I have cleaned it and rub it into the pad while it is drying?
Stick to this. What straight cleaner do you use?

WRXINXS
02-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Stick to this. What straight cleaner do you use?

I am using XMT now and am running out but have heard so many good things about the Blackfire one I am going to go with that next even though XMT is on BOGO.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-22-2013, 07:59 PM
I am using XMT now and am running out but have heard so many good things about the Blackfire one I am going to go with that next even though XMT is on BOGO.
I've tried WG spray pad cleaner(not the extender) and BF. WG works better.

WRXINXS
02-22-2013, 08:06 PM
I've tried WG spray pad cleaner(not the extender) and BF. WG works better.

Aww man, I had just settled on the Blackfire! Someone I was talking to said it was better than the WG straight cleaner LOL!!

So many good choices on AG hard to go wrong.

Mark, BTW have you tried the Meguiars detailing tape yet. Sounds like good stuff to tape off but the smallest it comes in is 3/4" and I would think I might need even thinner than that?

WRAPT C5Z06
02-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Aww man, I had just settled on the Blackfire! Someone I was talking to said it was better than the WG straight cleaner LOL!!

So many good choices on AG hard to go wrong.

Mark, BTW have you tried the Meguiars detailing tape yet. Sounds like good stuff to tape off but the smallest it comes in is 3/4" and I would think I might need even thinner than that?
LOL! Yea, different opinions. You can't go wrong with either.

I have tried the Meg's. It doesn't leave behind a lot of residue, which is a plus, but it doesn't stick that great either. Not a bad product, though. I'm still in search of great tape!

WRXINXS
02-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Yep, I guess the green tape at wal-mart is good too from what I hear. Better than blue, easier to mold and holds better but some people say it leaves adhesive.

CM8 6MT
02-23-2013, 12:17 AM
LOL! Yea, different opinions. You can't go wrong with either.

I have tried the Meg's. It doesn't leave behind a lot of residue, which is a plus, but it doesn't stick that great either. Not a bad product, though. I'm still in search of great tape!

A little off Topic but I recommend 3M's blue painters tape. It sticks really well, and the little residue left will wipe off clean with a little QD.

Guys, dont go cheap on tape especially getting some no name brand like some found at Wal-Mart. Even if you barely go over the tape with your DA & foam pad some of the tape material from the top will come off and get all over your pad. This can easily cause swirls & marring, luckily I caught that right away.

Dont go cheap on tape!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-23-2013, 12:22 AM
A little off Topic but I recommend 3M's blue painters tape. It sticks really well, and the little residue left will wipe off clean with a little QD.

Guys, dont go cheap on tape especially getting some no name brand like some found at Wal-Mart. Even if you barely go over the tape with your DA & foam pad some of the tape material from the top will come off and get all over your pad. This can easily cause swirls & marring, luckily I caught that right away.

Dont go cheap on tape!

I agree.

If you need even more holding power try the green tape.

Like mentioned, dont cheap out on tape.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Even if you barely go over the tape with your DA & foam pad some of the tape material from the top will come off and get all over your pad. This can easily cause swirls & marring, l
This is a very good point!