PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Cloth Seats F-150?

Pages : [1] 2

CC268
02-22-2013, 06:19 PM
I have a 2004 F-150 and the seats have some water stains from the snow up here and things getting wet. I was just wondering I should just pay $50 at the local car wash to have them steam clean them, or find a product I can use myself that does a good job and doesn't leave an uneven look on the seat. I have a really nice shop vac if that helps at all.

rms64
02-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Give Folex a try (available at Home Depot - hope I'm not breaking forum rules here) - great stuff...

CC268
02-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Give Folex a try (available at Home Depot - hope I'm not breaking forum rules here) - great stuff...

Safe on car upholstery though?? What is the best way to use products like that? Just spray on a good coat and let it sit and vacuum off or use a rag or what?

MikeN
02-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Folex took chocolate milkshake out of the seats in my step dads 06 Ram 1500.

-Wet seat with warm water
-Sprayed Folex
-agitated seat with brush
-vacuumed with Bissell green machine (the auto version)
- sprayed 303 fabric guard over the seats

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

CC268
02-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Folex took chocolate milkshake out of the seats in my step dads 06 Ram 1500.

-Wet seat with warm water
-Sprayed Folex
-agitated seat with brush
-vacuumed with Bissell green machine (the auto version)
- sprayed 303 fabric guard over the seats

I will definitely give that a try, what did you use to wet the seats? Also...any specific brush you recommend? I don't have an auto specific shop vac, but I have a really nice shop vac with plenty of power

MikeN
02-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Just warm tap water in a spray bottle and used a soft bristle brush. Don't want to use a brush too hard that can pull the fibers in the seats

CC268
02-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Just warm tap water in a spray bottle and used a soft bristle brush. Don't want to use a brush too hard that can pull the fibers in the seats

Awesome thanks, I will pick up some folex at home depot!

rustytruck
02-22-2013, 08:02 PM
I have the same truck. If the stains are brown around the edges that means the seats are dirty and should be hit with a hot water extractor. If they are just water stains, take a spray bottle with just water and spray the whole seat. When the seats are uniformly wet and dry uniformly the stains will disappear.

There was some type of defect in the cloth in the 04 and 05 seats. I have seen it in mustangs from those years also. You will get water stains all the time. On a warm day just spray them down and let them dry. Try not to get water on them.

I get calls all the time on those seats. People call me back all the time amazed how just plain water fixes everything.

Anthony@zerboautoworks
02-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Did the same year F150 recently, I used folex on the seats and used an extractor with clean water, worked great.

WWW.ZERBOAUTOWORKS.COM

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ZERBOAUTOWORKS

WRAPT C5Z06
02-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Did the same year F150 recently, I used folex on the seats and used an extractor with clean water, worked great.

Hours: Mon - Fri: 8AM - 4PM - Home (http://WWW.ZERBOAUTOWORKS.COM)

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ZERBOAUTOWORKS
Whoa! Nice job! :props:

CC268
02-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Alright guys so I just did my seats...

- Watered down seats with warm tap water
- Sprayed down with Folex
- Brushed with interior brush
- Vacuumed with shop vac
- Wiped down a little with cloth to get some of the dampness out

I guess I will see how it turned out in the morning, I just hope its not super spotty or streaky!

I got some Scotch Guard so maybe I will do that tomorrow or something

MikeN
02-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Alright guys so I just did my seats...

- Watered down seats with warm tap water
- Sprayed down with Folex
- Brushed with interior brush
- Vacuumed with shop vac
- Wiped down a little with cloth to get some of the dampness out

I guess I will see how it turned out in the morning, I just hope its not super spotty or streaky!

I got some Scotch Guard so maybe I will do that tomorrow or something

You may need to repeat the process again. Keep in mind what you are doing by hand some of the guys are using high end expensive machines.

CC268
02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
You may need to repeat the process again. Keep in mind what you are doing by hand some of the guys are using high end expensive machines.

Yea I know...those extractors and steam machines are expensive...the seats are honestly not dirty at all, they are in amazing shape, just some water spots here and there. Worse comes to worse I guess I will just pay the $50 bucks and get them done professionally. Once they are clean I will definitely scotch guard them though.

CC268
02-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Alright so they turned out pretty dam good...only thing is you can see the line where I didnt spray the seats (such as the side of the seat)...but I did it at night too...was more of an experiment to see how well it really worked. I will do it once more in the day time and make sure I cover every inch of the seat and I will see how it turns out then.

MikeN
02-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Alright so they turned out pretty dam good...only thing is you can see the line where I didnt spray the seats (such as the side of the seat)...but I did it at night too...was more of an experiment to see how well it really worked. I will do it once more in the day time and make sure I cover every inch of the seat and I will see how it turns out then.

Great bro glad it worked. NOw just have to clean them up the rest of the way to make it all match