PDA

View Full Version : Glaze + Wax Durability Question

Pages : [1] 2

Cheetah
05-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Hypothetical question:
Let's say a car has RMG and Souveran on it. The car in question is not waxed or anything for say 2 months. According to the word on the street, RMG and Souveran are past their usefull lifetime by this amount of time so in what state is the car in now? Is the UV protection and other benefits gone? Is the paint basically in a vulnerable state? Or is the
protection still there but the car just doesn't look great?

I ask because I'm considering trying this combo instead of my usual sealant/wax combo.

Thanks.

Truls
05-09-2007, 05:35 PM
I will say gone, depends on washing, weather etc, but the durability on Pinnacle Souv is about 2 months (isnt it?)

Got the DuraGloss 101 and Pinnacle Liquid S on my car and i just reapply the LS after 1-2 months to "bling" it back. works great

Al-53
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Well your Clear Coat has UV protection in it also...with wax I judge the presence of it by the beading...wax is a beader and when you see the beading start to flatten out ..time to redo....a glaze will not reduce the longevity of the wax since they almost have some of the same glossing oils in it...

The life span of Sov ..I do not know...I have 2 tubs of it and when I use it I re apply monthly on cars that have it...Killer would be able to help you on the life span of Sov ..he is a big user of it....and knows it best

Al

BILL
05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
i'd say its gone or almost gone.......time to redo....

Cheetah
05-09-2007, 09:16 PM
I see. I will give it try. I've trying lots of combos trying to find something better than
current fav UPP/Souveran so this will be my next go. I don't know though. Since RMG and Souveran both have short lifetimes I'm not sure if this will do it for me. Gonna try though just to see the look. When I use a sealant and then top it with a wax I can play with different waxes every other week or so knowing that the sealant is still there underneath. But with the glaze/wax combo then pretty much when the wax is dead I'd have to strip everything down and redo both again. I hate stripping everything down and would prefer to do it less often than I have been. Anyway, thanks for the input and I'll post results if anyone is interested.

BILL
05-10-2007, 07:11 AM
I see. I will give it try. I've trying lots of combos trying to find something better than
current fav UPP/Souveran so this will be my next go. I don't know though. Since RMG and Souveran both have short lifetimes I'm not sure if this will do it for me. Gonna try though just to see the look. When I use a sealant and then top it with a wax I can play with different waxes every other week or so knowing that the sealant is still there underneath. But with the glaze/wax combo then pretty much when the wax is dead I'd have to strip everything down and redo both again. I hate stripping everything down and would prefer to do it less often than I have been. Anyway, thanks for the input and I'll post results if anyone is interested.

im interested;)

Waxmax
05-10-2007, 10:09 AM
An option is CG's Wet Mirror Finish topped with your carnauba of choice. WMF serves as a glaze (gloss enhancer/some filling), but also provides protection. It will not remove the previous LSP. I've used this combo and it is nice.

BILL
05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
An option is CG's Wet Mirror Finish topped with your carnauba of choice. WMF serves as a glaze (gloss enhancer/some filling), but also provides protection. It will not remove the previous LSP. I've used this combo and it is nice.

DONE THAT AND LOVE IT.........C.G GUYS REALLY HAVE A WINNER WITH W.M.F.

I SPIKE IT UP IN BETWEEN WITH C.G. BLITZ SPRAY SEALER QDer.....:righton:

Cheetah
05-10-2007, 09:09 PM
I'll give WMF a look. Thanks a lot.

ScottB
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I run a similar combo during the winter months, and find that with using Pinnacle Soap and Pinnacle Crystal Mist (old version) I was getting close to three months of great looks and protection. I would literally get bored before I felt it had given up.

With the newer Souveran spray wax booster, I would expect longer protection. Infact, this winter I will run the same design and likely create a bottle of polycharged Souveran Booster to really see how I can amp up the combo !!

Cheetah
05-10-2007, 11:56 PM
Which combo is that, Killr?

klumzypinoy
05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Which combo is that, Killr?

I second that! I wanna know the combo too :)

BILL
05-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I second that! I wanna know the combo too :)

RE-READ HIS POST AND HE TELLS YOU......;)

ScottB
05-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Winter : RMG OR VMG / Souveran Paste / Crystal Mist (too be replaced with Souveran Spray Wax)

Summer : Polycharged UPP / Zaino CS or Opti-Seal

Cheetah
05-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Just received the red moose glaze so I'm off!!!:awesome: