PDA

View Full Version : Tornador black

HellaBroke
02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Looking into one! I have watched a ton of videos. Im lacking the scoop of what products people are using to clean what what do you all recommend?
Dash/hard plastic cleaning? Dressing?
Fabrics seats? Head liners?
Leather
Wheels?
Motor bay painted
Motor bay plastics
Carpet

I see the uses are anywhere and everywhere but im finding the products used for application a loss... also ill probably be buying product by the gallon but how much is actually used ruffly I know this will depend on the amount of filth that needs to be removed and the size of it but a ruff ie. Headliner smoke removal. Headliner normal wear 5 year car filth removal. 1bucket seat normal wear.
Just to have an idea how much product ill need to have on hand on any given vehicle.. I know there are huge variables but an estimate would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
And just incase its brought up I would love a steamer/extractor but im just a hobby detailer and $1000-3000
I already own a 60gallon air compressor so I think the tornador would be my best new tool/toy.
Sent from my galaxy note 2 using AG Online

2BlackChevys
02-22-2013, 11:21 AM
If you search here for "tornador" there's a thread called "what's in your tornador". I saw it recently when researching that tool. It seems Meguires All Purpose Cleaner is popular and available by the gallon.

HellaBroke
02-22-2013, 11:54 AM
Found it through google serch unsuccessful through the autogeek app search
Came up with
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/51679-what-s-your-tornador.html
Thanks!!

rmagnus
02-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Nothing yet... still waiting for my Tornador Black to be delivered. Maybe today which would be awesome for the weekend. I plan to try APC+.

van185
02-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I've used the Tornado Black for a while now and usually use Meguires All Purpose Cleaner at 40-1 and if not strong enough go to 20-1. I've also used Blackfire APC at the same rates. I've found that it will clean just about anything. On the really dirty aeras I might have to still use APC and a brush, but usually not. The Tornado is a wonderful tool.

HellaBroke
02-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks!
Hopefully this will start generating more and more info and be used for those looking to utilize this tool to the fullest potential ie matching best apc or best dressing etc for the application at hand. While im sure just about any apc will work well just seeing as more and more get out there and people try different things more will surface. I enjoy taking the side roads and trying the abnormal approach for most things to figure out what works best.

Thanks for the info so far, please keep it coming!!!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online

mark98xlt
02-22-2013, 08:24 PM
40:1 or 20:1 strong enough?

van185
02-23-2013, 10:19 AM
I've had my Tornado Black for close to a year and have cleaned some really dirty vehicles. I use it on occasion on carpet, but mostly on the dash, door jams, modly exterior (which I've had several), and non-cloth surfaces. 40-1 and 20-1 have bee great and seem to clean just about everything. Thecleaning power of the Tornado Black is amazing. The tool is well worth the price. I will probably start trying it more on cloth and fabric more as time goes by. If anyone uses it on the cloth surfaces post your opinions and what you use. I'm sure that you could increase the ratio if needed, but I've cleaned some really dirty surfaces and have not needed to mix it any stronger.

daveinsweethome
02-23-2013, 10:30 AM
i use it on door panels and carpet/upholstery most every vehicle. i do a lot of mini vans and axe men type trucks here in oregon. love it. i like to use Krud Kutter from home depot and sometimes Roll Off at closer to 15 to 1. just be careful of the fumes. i bought a nice mask at a auto paint store.

HellaBroke
02-23-2013, 01:37 PM
Good call on face mask I do have a resperator from work that I might try as well as clear glass' as well (noticed a lot of vapors in the air when people were doing head liners)

Bump for some opinions on headliners that will probably be the sketchyist task in my opinion especially 90's-early 2000's and over saturation and having the head liner fall...
From what I have heard ill be supprised as to how little of product is actually being sprayed its just a though/worry

HellaBroke
02-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Bump

Ryansdetailing
02-24-2013, 08:49 PM
I have both generations if the tornador but i like the black the most. I wish they would make the brush cone attachment for it! I use an APC diluted 20:1 or 10:1 depending on the condition of the interior. Its great for getting into hard to reach places that you cant clean with an extractor.